Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois State Run Public Hunting Disaster!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois State Run Public Hunting Disaster!

I know we had a topic on this before, but I wanted to share some information that was given to hunters at state meetings last night. Due to budget restraints, Illinois is trying to stop put and take pheasant hunts. At this point this public pheasant hunting is closer to being shut down than staying open right now. The state is trying to say they don't have the money, but manyof us who are trying to keep this program going have learned that anti hunters and gun control groups are also equally responsible for this! For most of us in Illinois, this is the only pheasant hunting we can find. Im hoping that some of you who read this are illinois public hunters or want to help out public hunters. They may start with public pheasant hunting, but if they get the ball rolling, public deer hunting may be next, its just a matter of time!

Im asking anyone who has time if they could send a letter to the state of Illinois abouttheir discontent of the state shutting down pheasant hunting. They say it is for financial reasons, but after attending these meetings, hunters have found out that this will save the state no money and this program has never used ANY taxpayer dollars. It all comes from money generated by licenses and such, as well as hunters paying a daily fee to hunt these birds.

This is the gentleman you should address your letters to. His name is Representative Dan Reitz , He is head of the Illinois Sportsmans Caucus , You can send your letter to:

Representative Dan Reitz
200-9S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706

I encourage you all to write to support hunters rights. Thanks, those of us who count on public hunting appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois State Run Public Hunting Disaster!

I am glad you posted this information. I will have a letter in the mail today. I find it funny that the State is stating budget restraints for wanting/needing to shut this down. After all, that State raised the number of NR tags again this by 5000, as well as raised the cost of NR tags. Doing so knowing that money generated from that is almost 100% profit, since most NR are coming to Illinois to hunt private land, either outfitters, friends, family. I also find this funny since the State just approved an additional 1 million dollars to be taken from revenue generated by the sell of hunting licenses and is having it re-directed to the rails to trails program. I guess the anti hunters don't mind running or biking on trails that hunters pay for, just as long as they don't have to pay for it. BTW, the put and take programs are almost 100% funded by the cost of the birds, the only money the State has to pay is for workers time, which they would have to pay for anyways unless they were planning on closing the State Parks which offer put and take programs. What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Consider it done.....My signature says it all!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Always wanted to take part in one of these public phesant hunts, might not get a chance now. I'll write a letter as well!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I am glad you posted this information. I will have a letter in the mail today. I find it funny that the State is stating budget restraints for wanting/needing to shut this down. After all, that State raised the number of NR tags again this by 5000, as well as raised the cost of NR tags. Doing so knowing that money generated from that is almost 100% profit, since most NR are coming to Illinois to hunt private land, either outfitters, friends, family. I also find this funny since the State just approved an additional 1 million dollars to be taken from revenue generated by the sell of hunting licenses and is having it re-directed to the rails to trails program. I guess the anti hunters don't mind running or biking on trails that hunters pay for, just as long as they don't have to pay for it. BTW, the put and take programs are almost 100% funded by the cost of the birds, the only money the State has to pay is for workers time, which they would have to pay for anyways unless they were planning on closing the State Parks which offer put and take programs. What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN, BROTHER! As stated in the original post, the anti's have their fingerprints all over this. It is time to hand Blagosumbitch a defeat on this! Letter written and sent!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rod is just that, a complete Rod. Not only has out of state deer hunting gone through the roof but now Pheasant? My dad used to meet me down in Metropolis to bowhunt with his friends from Arkansas, but the prices for tags have become outrageous I have to go to Northern Arkansas to hunt with him.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

This was posted on SILO yesterday... seems like you fellas may be interested to read it...

SUPPORT measure = HJRCA28

Recall Election

With the Illinois General Assembly’s regular session dragging on for months of overtime with no action to squarely address important public policy issues, Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn Thursday announced his full support for a proposed amendment to the Illinois Constitution, introduced by Rep. Jack Franks (D-Woodstock) and Sen. Dan Cronin (R-Elmhurst), to allow citizen recall of Illinois elected public officials.

“When everyday people fail to perform on the job, their employers don’t have to wait for years to hand them a pink slip,” Quinn said. “The people of Illinois employ their elected officials and pay their salaries, and they should have the right to fire them if those officials don’t perform as promised.”

In August, Rep. Franks proposed House Joint Resolution Constitutional Amendment 28 (HJRCA 28), which would amend the Illinois Constitution to give citizens the right to recall state executive branch officers, members of the General Assembly, and supreme, appellate, and circuit judges. Sen. Cronin introduced the legislation as SJRCA 70 in the Illinois State Senate.

“Recall is an extraordinary remedy for removing elected officials," said Rep. Franks. "This remedy is necessary to protect the public from governmental abuses of power and to reinforce our system of checks and balances. Eighteen other states have recall provisions in their constitutions. The citizens of Illinois deserve and need the same right to remove incompetent elected officials from office."

Under the proposed constitutional amendment, an effort to recall a state constitutional officer – the Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Comptroller or Treasurer – would require signatures equal to 12% of the previous vote total for that office. For example, turnout in the 2006 election of the Governor and Lt. Governor totaled 3,486,671. So it would require at least 418,401 signatures to put a recall initiative on the ballot, and it would require approval by more than 50 percent of voters to recall the official.

“This amendment sets a reasonably high standard for recall of elected officials,” said Quinn. “Under this proposal, no hard-working elected official need fear a frivolous recall action, but the voters would be given the right to show their displeasure over serious official mistakes.”

The proposed constitutional amendment also sets guidelines for the recall of state legislators, and supreme, appellate, and circuit judges.

At present, 18 states permit the recall of state officials. The District of Columbia also provides for recall, as do local jurisdictions at least 29 states. In 1996, Minnesota voters approved an amendment to the state constitution allowing recall of elected state officials, and in 1993 a recall amendment passed in New Jersey by a 3-1 margin. Michigan, one of the first states to allow recall of elected officials, included a recall referendum provision in its 1908 revision of the state constitution. In the Midwest, Kansas and Wisconsin also allow recall of state officials.

Quinn has supported the right to recall for three decades, both as a citizen and as an elected official. Although recall efforts should not be undertaken lightly, Quinn says the mere possibility of recall gives elected officials an added incentive to deal fairly with the voters who put them into office.

As founder of the all-volunteer Coalition for Political Honesty, Quinn in 1976 led the biggest petition drive in state history, collecting 635,158 signatures and ending a century-old practice allowing Illinois legislators to collect their entire year’s pay on their first day in office.

In 1980, Quinn led the statewide campaign for the Cutback Amendment to the Illinois Constitution, which reduced the size of the Illinois House of Representatives from 177 to 118 members. The Cutback Amendment was the first and only amendment to the Illinois Constitution ever adopted by a citizen initiative.

A recall amendment to the Illinois Constitution would require a three-fifths majority vote in both houses of the General Assembly. If approved by legislators, the proposed amendment would be placed on the Nov. 4, 2008 ballot. To pass, the amendment would require approval by at least three-fifths of those voting on the question or a majority of those voting in the election

http://www.standingupforillinois.org...ain.php?id=172

I talk to the Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn himself, last night, at the Illinois Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus, in Springfield. He asked us to pass this along to all concerned outdoorsmen. He knows that our IDNR has been hurt badly in recent years.

Once again, please support HJRCA28
Old 04-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, but they want to buy Wrigley Field.

BS!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Well of course they want to buy wrigley feild, just another way to put more money in their pockets. I feel like a bozo, I voted for gov. Baga****.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I almost voted that day too but found that smoking crack in the ghetto was more productive

Quick Reply: Illinois State Run Public Hunting Disaster!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.