Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

missori guys

Old 03-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default missori guys

where do you hunt at?
Old 03-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: missori guys

gallatin, MO its in Daviess county
Old 03-17-2008, 09:36 AM

Pike County.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Ripley, Oregon, nd Howell county in southeast Mo. Pretty good hunting
Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM

I hunt Wayne and Cape Girardeau Counties
Old 03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

im normally in montgomery, franklin, stoddard, and butler counties
do you guys put in for managed hunts?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Boone County!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Hey Rory,, whats up? I hunt in Dent county, and have put in for managed hunts for many years now. I havent been drawn for a few years now, but have been very persisitent in putting in for a certain hunt with a very slim chance of draw,, but finally we get points for not getting drawn, so its just a matter if time before I draw the hunt. I have been drawn to hunt Weldon Springs a couple times for bow hunts, and have always filled tags with bucks, but have seen great bucks every time Ive been there, but always out of range, they have a drawing for rifle hunt every year the first week of November, and I dont think theres a much better chance to put a tag on a big buck, but havent been drawn yet, But should get it this year or next,, I may switch over to Busch Wildlife though,, it is just crawling with them too. Where do you put in for?
Old 03-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Angus74

Hey Rory,, whats up? I hunt in Dent county, and have put in for managed hunts for many years now. I havent been drawn for a few years now, but have been very persisitent in putting in for a certain hunt with a very slim chance of draw,, but finally we get points for not getting drawn, so its just a matter if time before I draw the hunt. I have been drawn to hunt Weldon Springs a couple times for bow hunts, and have always filled tags with bucks, but have seen great bucks every time Ive been there, but always out of range, they have a drawing for rifle hunt every year the first week of November, and I dont think theres a much better chance to put a tag on a big buck, but havent been drawn yet, But should get it this year or next,, I may switch over to Busch Wildlife though,, it is just crawling with them too. Where do you put in for?
well weldon springs is crawling with them, not too much pressure either. but busch wildlife isnt what it used to be, i see pictures of deer that used to come out of there, and the deer that do now, way too much pressure.

The last 2 years i put in for the youth peck ranch hunt, in early october i believe. got drawn the first year, along with my brother. this past year we didnt get draw. it will be my last year this upcoming drawing, but theres a 50% chance of getting drawn, and i got a point, so i think im good.
the time i got drawn it was a blast, there were two kids from my baseball team that got drawn, my best friend got drawn, and so did my brother. the 5 of us had a great time! heres a picture of a doe i shot in a food plot there, not telling the honey holes location

sorry for all the blood and the picture on the road
Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey if you go tomaxdouthuntingadventures.pizco.com and go to the forum section you can see some of the trailcam pics i have of bucks off my farm. its titled showcase of the better bucks we took pics of this year

Quick Reply: missori guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.