Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois NR price increase and quota increase plus...

Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois NR price increase and quota increase plus...

What's CCW?

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Why would I hunt in a state that dosnt even allow CCW......j/k...thats craaaaazeeee,for 415.00 bucks I can get a Muly and Antelope tag in North Dakota...
Old 02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

NR's can buy an ILdoe only tag for $15.50. Same price a resident pays.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, fair is fair. If I want to go to montana trout fishing, I get rapped on the lic. So montana res. should pay the same to come to Illinois to go salmon fishing in lake Michigan. Thats the way it should be, But I also think the respectable scweeky clean govener Rod Bago**** needs to get a reallity check. Ya know when hunters come from other states to hunt, they spend more money than just a game tag.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

FYI For those Ill. bow hunters going to minn. Minn. charges out of state hunters the same as their state charges Minn. hunters to hunt there. So this will effect some resident Il. bow hunters too. Also economics is driven by supply and demand so we are the ones in power. All we have to do is put the bows away for one year and I bet we could change the license fees and guide fees in a hurry. It would happen so fast that you wouldnt even miss a season. Just hold out like the pro sports players do and watch how fast things will change.
Minnesota charges 141.00 for a Non Resident Archery Deer License, thats either sex. Thats pretty cheap compared to some states.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

If I'm spending that kind of $$$$, I'm just going to ante up and head out west to hunt something I CAN'T hunt here in OHIO. Mule deer, antelope, elk, anything but whitey's I can hunt right here in my backyard. $455 is less than $50 more than I paid for my elk tag 2 yrs. ago.
Dude, if you're in Ohio. . .is there really any reason to go hunt whitetail anywhere else?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: joshw020

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

If I'm spending that kind of $$$$, I'm just going to ante up and head out west to hunt something I CAN'T hunt here in OHIO. Mule deer, antelope, elk, anything but whitey's I can hunt right here in my backyard. $455 is less than $50 more than I paid for my elk tag 2 yrs. ago.
Dude, if you're in Ohio. . .is there really any reason to go hunt whitetail anywhere else?
Like maybe Iowa or Kansas? But I think he was referring to hunting other animals.

BTW Josh, that may be the sweetest avatar I've ever seen.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

NR tags in NE are $178 and antlerless only NR tags are $28.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

FYI For those Ill. bow hunters going to minn. Minn. charges out of state hunters the same as their state charges Minn. hunters to hunt there. So this will effect some resident Il. bow hunters too. Also economics is driven by supply and demand so we are the ones in power. All we have to do is put the bows away for one year and I bet we could change the license fees and guide fees in a hurry. It would happen so fast that you wouldnt even miss a season. Just hold out like the pro sports players do and watch how fast things will change.
Minnesota charges 141.00 for a Non Resident Archery Deer License, thats either sex. Thats pretty cheap compared to some states.
I stand corrected! Did they do that in 2006? I believe the person selling licenses told me this. I cant find my 2006 minn. regs. book. Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Illinois legislation continue's to amaze me. After practically destryoying the state's DNR a few years back.. it continue's to function without any care whatsoever towards the common good one of it's greatest natural resource the whitetail deer and equally as important the deer hunter in game management and overall health of that herd.

Until someone shows that a state biologist (with adequate recognition) could back these bills I will not back them.. any of them. And in fact I question the very thought of having bowhunters in the woods with gun hunters period. What would this do to help the herd?

The state's record of taking money from the sale of license's for both hunting and fishing and illegaly using it for "other" purposes is proof enough of this state's inept ability to not only run the natural resources of the state but also to simply balance a state budget that has long been in need of over-haul.

Our last few governor's have all been accused and federally investigated for crimes.. Roddo Blagojevich is simply NEXT in line to serve in prison.

This guy (Blagojevich) and most of this entire state of Illinois' legislation are not fit to walk my dog.

Upping the NR tags another 5,000 released will have no effect other than making those in govt. richer. Or spending the outdoorsman dollar where it is not allocated for anyway.

I laugh at the state in which I live. It will likely always have giant deer.. but will never have a leader in it's executive and legislative branches with enough brain's on how to properly help it's own wildlife mgmt. by properly hiring the right individual's to make these important decision's. Instead it has chosen to destroy these positions by firing and cutting their positions and "inventing" their own plans for the Illinois wildlife.

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the Eastern states tend to be a deal compare to out west. Mostly all we have are whitetails, out west they have it all, so one state not only gets your deer tag fees, your elk, moose, goat, sheep. One of the reason I support increased/fair tag fees, is to take that money and put it towards habiat/hunting etc....so its a surprise that here in IL it doesn't all goto those purposes. I hope someone takes over and gets it right.

Quick Reply: Illinois NR price increase and quota increase plus...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.