Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Raise in Ohio license fees again?

Old 02-05-2003, 07:13 PM

Default Raise in Ohio license fees again?

I just heard about another increase in Ohio licenses. This is getting rediculous! Why are we expected to continue to pay more for licenses when others who use the same land and areas (public) that we do are not required to pay anything? Watchable wildlife costs nothing to observe, but hunting wildlife is getting more expensive. What gives?

Please state your opinions and thoughts. I am not mad, just a little ruffled.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Raise in Ohio license fees again?

Yes, it is ridiculous. I don't know the actual amount, but no doubt it's well over a couple million dollars that hunters and fishers pay to hunt and fish each year. It's ridiculous that they're trying to raise it. I hope it doesn't get to be like other states where you have to buy a general license, then an archery license, then your big game stamps, etc. They may try to requite stamps for upland game also.

Brandan

Old 02-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Spike

ODNR has not come out to say this. But Our Governor does he wants to raise Hunting and Fishing Tags for his TAX PLAN. $15 to 19 on the Hunting Tags.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2003, 04:58 PM

Personally, I am getting tired of paying these politicians to waste our money and then tax us on the things we enjoy just so they can mis-spend more.

I do not mind paying more for a tag or license if it is going to benefit ODNR (me in the long run), but I really do not like giving it to the big resorts through our middle men politicians.

Let them fly coach, eat a burger instead of a steak, drive a compct car not ride in a limmosine. If they had to live by the same rules as the "Ordinary Joe", maybe they would be more respectful of OUR tax dollars.

This is STILL the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! We just have some small problems.

Sorry, I did not mean to get this deep in politics...

Edited by - OhioDuckHunter on 02/06/2003 18:05:08
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

This is the first raise in license fees in over ten yeas according to our local Ohio Department of Wildlife Officer that gave the report at my gun club last night. The fee raise is a reasanable one. If you do a little digging you will see the number of hunters is down and the department is in jeopardy of losing $1 million dollars in funding from the general fund. The department has already cut back 10% across the board. They are now going to have to rent a truck to take their tractors back and forth to maintain the parks. They lost the only truck in their fleet that is powerful enough to pull their tractors to each park. The employee count went from over 500 to 400 in the past few years. Personally, I support this license hike even though I am unemployed. I would rather donate teh extra $4.00 to the Department than spend it on a burger of a box of shells in order to do my part in helping Ohio help it's hunters and fishermen. I mean really, what is an extra $4.00 for the license and another $5.00 for a deer or turkey tag. All that means is that you skip McDonald's or Burger King once or twice a year.

Another thing to remember is that every license dollar goes right back into the Department's budget, not the state's general fund. Try looking at other states and then complain about how bad it is here in OH.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-13-2003, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with he last two posts. It' s apparent that many people really don' t understand where the dollars go or how the system works. I' m sure everyone here expects a raise at work each year. ODNR hasn' t raised the prices in over 10 years, and it' s only $5.00 more. That' s only 5 cents a week extra to hunt. The ODNR does a great job managing our wildlife, and your going to gripe about an extra nickle a week?
Old 02-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Banned

There' s a poll on this very issue at http://www.ohiosportsman.com right now. Check it out.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Spike

You Guys have a point But the Money isnt going to the ODNR. Its going into our GOVERNORS BACK POCKET.........

Quick Reply: Raise in Ohio license fees again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.