Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Raise in Ohio license fees again?

Old 02-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Raise in Ohio license fees again?

whitetail72,

That is where you are WRONG. You should read up on the facts before posting anything. I am NOT sticking up for the Governor either, the money goes into ODNR. The governor does NOT have the power to overide current legislation which states that all license fees goes to ODNR.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Spike

No I dont think I' m WRONG. You Should read be for you POST. It was put in most all news papers with his TAX PLAN. OHIO PAPERS Go And LOOK IT UP, and you will be inlightened in what you read.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

I give up. If you want to stay uneducated on this issue then so be it.

You can only lead a horse to water, you can' t make it drink!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:54 PM

OH YOU POOR THINGSyou have to pay $19 for a hunting license, is that a combo (hunt and fish license)??

arizona over the counter
hunting only $25.50
hunt and fish $44
trout stamp $8
urban fish $16
archery deer tag $17.50

draw hunts
deer rifle $27.50
elk $76.50
antelope $64.50

i think that $19 sounds pretty reasonable. you can go to www.azgfd.com to check out buffalo,big horn sheep,bear and turkey. page # 5

Old 02-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Spike

I guess your right Hyhuntsman. You would die of Dehydration. And for being uneducated that would be you.
But I should understand that you wouldnt GRASP what was being said here. TAX as in TAX PLAN.
The ODNR isnt increasing our TAGS at all this year. If the ODNR were they would have done it already. Becuase March 1st is when TAGS go on sale for 2003/04.
They are still the same price as LAST YEAR. BUT and a very Big BUT if our Governor has it his way there will be a 4 Dollar TAX on OUR TAGS each.
There it is the increase.......
Its not going into the ODNR AT ALL....
If you would have read my post right the first time or understood TAX PLAN I wouldnt have to type this out for you.
FOR the wildlife officer that lead you astray on the report that was gave to your club. He was wrong . Like I said before our TAGS are still the same price as last YEAR. The increase is the TAX.
Here is the web site for our ODNR that you shoud read up on.......
www.ohiodnr.com

As for dartanian
I' m glad I dont live in Arizona, but if I did I would pay the Price for my TAGS.
At lease your not being TAXED 4 dollars . dont get me wrong Ohio isnt being Taxed at this time. But the tax would be going to a GOVERNOR That would waste the Money. And Not help our wildlife here in Ohio or the HUNTERS That PAY ALREADY.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:37 PM

hopefully the raise in rates goes towards the game and fish dept. it cost me alot but i love to hunt and fish so i' m willing to pay it. that' s not even counting the beer i take with me[]
Old 02-28-2003, 10:48 AM

Really hated to read this thread lol If there is a TAX on my tags I for one will not be buying any.I will still buy a hunting license to support ODNR but will not even consider buying a tag that has a four buck tax on it .Hopefully this gets worked OUT but if the only deer I ever shoot again is foam or out of state so be it. I have no interest in lining politcal pockets Just my rant sorry
Old 02-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy...Nice to see another central Ohio boy in here. We' re probably only about 15 miles apart.

I agree with you...if the $4 is a tax...it' s a joke.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:25 PM

well how many deer are you allowed on a tag? i mean common guys if you hunt and fish like we do then you' ll pay the $4 and be glad that you don' t have to pay our prices. i pay for an archery deer tag and put in for a rifle deer tag and am still allowed ONLY 1 DEER PER CALENDAR YEAR. seems like ya' ll have it pretty cheap and pretty good.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, Dart, do us a favor and go back a read a few posts. I' m not complaining about paying a higher price for licenses. I know it' s pretty cheap compared to others. What I don' t like is that it' s part of the governor' s tax plan. The ODNR is supposed to be runnin out of resources, and have been for a long time. However, I haven' t heard anything about it ' till Gov. Taft starts runnin his mouth about raisin taxes on everything in Ohio. It wasn' t until then that I heard about raisin the prices on hunting and fishin licenses and stamps. Do you really expect me to believe that under these circumstances that this money is really about the ONDR losin money? Furthermore, do you really expect me to trust these politicians with my money? If you do, God help ya. If this $4 increase is part of a tax plan, then we aren' t payin $4 more for the licenses and such, we' re paying $4 more in tax. A tax that goes to the state, and not the ODNR. If you' ve listened to what I' ve said before, I don' t have a problem with paying more for a license. I realize prices go up and $20 to fish all year is pretty reasonable. $20 to hunt all year, exluding special stamps, is reasonable too. That' s not where my beef is. My beef is suddenly there' s these deficits all over the nation, and the federal government is puttin the burden on the states to get it sorted out. So Gov. Taft is raisin the prices. Now I realize officialy it may appear that the ODNR is settin the prices, but c' mon, I wasn' t born yesterday. Whether that' s the way the system is supposed to work or not doesn' t mean that isn' t the way the system is workin. I wonder if the states are gettin all the money they' re supposed to. It wouldn' t suprise me a bit if some of the money is bein embezzled into other funds.
A lot of people in Ohio can only have one deer per season also. In some areas it' s three, in some it' s two, and in some it' s one. So you could get more deer, but you' re going to have to drive half way across the state to get to it, depending on where you live. I live in the Toledo area. Lucas country is an urban unit so that allows four does in addition to the special deer stamp. But in Fulton and Henry county, and most of Wood county, there' s only one deer. Most of Lucas county, almost 50%, is the city of Toledo. That makes half the urban deer unit unhuntable. Then there' s other towns like Oregon, and Northwood, Rossford, and Perrysburg where it could be hard to find places to hunt because of all the schools and such and residential areas. Sure if you live in Southern Ohio you' ve more options, but the folks up around where I live shouldn' t have to drive all the way across the state to justify a $4 tax on the licenses.
Around where I live, you only get one deer, excluding urban units, per season. That' s regardless of what weapon you use or the season it' s taken in. I can' t take a deer durin bow season, then take another durin the shotgun season. If I take a deer durin bow season, I' m done ' till next year. If I take it durin the shotgun season, I can' t take another one in the later part of the bow season. $35 is pretty cheap to hunt deer and a bunch of small game all year, that' s not the issue. The issue is that it' s pretty obvious that there' s other factors involved. If the ODNR has been runnin out of resources, why didn' t we hear about it before? Why did they wait ' till the govenor is raising taxes everywhere, and cutting resources on schools, libraries, and a slue of other public services to say anything about it? So please, quit yappin about having it better than others when it comes to the price. It' s not about the price! It' s about the Ohio sportmen feelin the government is taken advantage of our passion to fish and hunt to pay for the debts of the rest of the state. Others may not agree with this. If you don' t, fine, but that' s the way I' m seein it. I' m not sayin this as fact either, but the way this is comin about, don' t expect me to trust it. Especially if you know the history of the way Ohio works their taxes, why would you trust another increase in prices? If the ODNR really needs an extra four bucks then I' m cool with that. I just don' t want to pay four bucks for the governor to take and waste on some stupid I-280 entrance ramp then not even open it when they finish it.

Brandan

Quick Reply: Raise in Ohio license fees again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.