Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Iowa Gun Season Extended

Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Iowa Gun Season Extended

Because Iowans did not fulfill the deer harvest quota by 34,000. IDNR opened another gun season, which is Dec 21-23, which is during archery season. Does anybody think this will be a threat to Iowa archers.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 PM

Default RE: Iowa Gun Season Extended

They have the option to stay home or take their chances.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

It is an ok idea, just that it is gone about all wrong. It is supposed to be antlerless only, but the bucks are shedding their antlers already, so alot of big bucks could still get shot accidentaly, not counting the antlered bucks that are shot on "accident" I hope it never happens again, I had no problem filling my shotgun tag. I waited to see what the weather would be like, and waited for second,then didn't buy my tag till the night before 2nd season anyway.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:54 PM

The Iowa DNR are always stuck between a rock and a hard spot. The hunters want more and better deer and the farmers and insurance companies want them all killed. I was president of the state archery ass. for three years once and sat in on there meeting. The farmer and insurance companies lobby through the house than the house come down on the DNR and tell them to do some thing about the deer. To much crop damage and to many auto accidents. There a lot of bucks killed the last season antlerless tags, but most of the gunner don't care long as it's a legal deer. I have seen some shot the late season that would of been monster bucks by the size of there stubs.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:50 PM

I was in Iowa and hunted the second gun season terrible weather.
filled my doe tag . hope to make it out again.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

mayber they need to watch where there driving and buy a tall fence lol or let some hunters on there land
ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

The Iowa DNR are always stuck between a rock and a hard spot. The hunters want more and better deer and the farmers and insurance companies want them all killed. I was president of the state archery ass. for three years once and sat in on there meeting. The farmer and insurance companies lobby through the house than the house come down on the DNR and tell them to do some thing about the deer. To much crop damage and to many auto accidents. There a lot of bucks killed the last season antlerless tags, but most of the gunner don't care long as it's a legal deer. I have seen some shot the late season that would of been monster bucks by the size of there stubs.