Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Heading back home to Wisconsin

Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Heading back home to Wisconsin

On my way back to Wiscon from my new home in Maine to hunt whitetails on the farmstead. Anyone got info on the rut status from round Vernon County? Hoping to wack a monster like my brother did. Look at this sucker.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Default RE: Heading back home to Wisconsin

I am heading back home to vernon co. tomorrow too. I will be hunting until sunday. All my family up there says they have not seen much action yet. Some friends told them of a few small bucks chasin, but it ought to get going soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seeing more bucks in central wis now. Soon they will be chasing each other. You havent missed it yet!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Seeing more bucks in central wis now. Soon they will be chasing each other. You havent missed it yet!
what part of central wi? Northern adams co here..
Old 10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Adams and Wood counties alot. Saw two twig heads today beating each other up for 10 minutes. Its starting!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:29 AM

I'll be up there this weekend! I'll be hunting around rome..plum creek timberlands! Hopefully they will be chasing...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 AM

i gun hunt in vernon county. there are some slobs up that way.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better make sure plumb creek hasnt sold it yet, They move alot of property. Rome and big flats is full of deer this year! The wolves have them kicked out of so many other areas, ....The way it seems anyway.
ORIGINAL: mr17pointer

I'll be up there this weekend! I'll be hunting around rome..plum creek timberlands! Hopefully they will be chasing...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Fork Horn

Prerut should be in the chase mood the first 2 weeks in NOV. Should be starting the first of NOV and last about 10 days , after that come lock down mood . The rut starts 7 to 10 days after the second full moon after the fall solaces , the second full moon is OCT. 26.
Charlie
Old 10-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Already seeing bucks all swelled up, Walking arround in mid day and doing other stupid stuff that they dont do. Its a matter of hours I think!

Quick Reply: Heading back home to Wisconsin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.