Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

out of state bow tag price for Illinois?

Old 01-17-2002, 08:14 AM

Default out of state bow tag price for Illinois?

I heard a rumor this morning that the out of state bow tags for Illinois will go on sale march the 2nd. They said that the cost will be 295.00 for a single deer. Is this correct? If it is what's up with that? Are they trying to limit the amount of hunters over there? I assumed that out of state hunters spent quite a bit of money there during the various seasons. Looks like I won't be going next year!
Old 01-17-2002, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: out of state bow tag price for Illinois?

If you go to the IDNR website you can get all the prices of non resident tags and licsenses. I guess Illinois is following the trend set my so many other states of raising non resident fees. I hate to see money being the difining factor that would be stopping someone from hunting. It would be a sad statement if money is the factor that drives our natural resources to raise the prices. I hope you can find a way to hunt the area you want to hear.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:16 AM

Backstraps, its not a rumor, its a sad fact.

The largest group of IL non-resident bowhunters are those that return home to hunt with family and friends. The price increase will effect this group the most. Also attached is a NR bowhunter limit of 12,843. Iowa has a limit of 2300 NR bowhunters and license fees of $308. Kansas has high license fees and limits as well, don't know what they are off hand.

Currently, Wisconsin is only $135. The bad news is, this trend will most likely spread eastward, especially with many state's budgets hurting with the economy down turn. Wisconsin has about 44,000 NR deer hunters each year (gun and bow), 10,700 from Illinois. Don't be surprised if Wisconsin and Minnesota raise their NR deer licenses up to the $300 range in the near future......

2002 IL NR Archery License Sales
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 18, 2001
RELAY: 800/526-0844
TDD: 217/782-9175
FAX: 217/524-4641

NATURAL RESOURCES NEWSBITS

ATTENTION NON-RESIDENT DEER HUNTERS: A new non-resident archery deer permit fee of $226.00, plus a processing fee, has been proposed for the season beginning in the fall of 2002. This permit includes an either-sex and an antlerless-only permit. Non-resident deer hunters must also purchase a non-resident hunting license in addition to their permit and habitat stamp. Non-resident hunters may purchase either the annual license ($50.75) or the five-day license ($28.75) depending on the amount of time they will be hunting.

Non-resident archery deer hunters are limited to one archery deer permit for the 2002-2003 hunting season. The sale of these permits will be capped at the level of non-resident permits that were sold for the 2000-2001 archery deer season (12,843). Non-resident archery deer permits are not available over-the-counter at hunting license vendors.

Beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 2, 2002, non-resident archery deer permits will be available via telephone only using a credit card (at 1-888-6-PERMIT (1-888-673-7648)). During the 2001 permit sales period, these permits were completely sold out within six weeks and more than 2,000 hunters were turned away for a permit. Permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until the quota is reached. Habitat stamps and hunting licenses will also be available to the caller, who should have their Hunter Safety Certificate number on hand if born after January 1, 1980. Applicants must also supply their social security and drivers license numbers. A processing fee of approximately $13.00 will be charged in addition to the normal issuing fees. Any non-resident permits remaining unsold as of September 3, 2002 will also be available from seven Illinois Department of Natural Resources offices until sold out. The IDNR offices are located in Sterling, Spring Grove, Champaign, Alton, Benton, Springfield and Chicago. Addresses and phone numbers can be found at the IDNR web site at http://dnr.state.il.us, by consulting the Digest of Hunting and Trapping Regulations, or by calling 217/782-7305.

Edited by - sagittarius1 on 01/17/2002 10:18:23
Old 01-17-2002, 10:05 AM

I got to admit I'm a little bummed out. I have never hunted in Illinois, but my hunting partner had made contact with relatives there. He had obtained permission to hunt there for us, and we were considering it. I just can not afford it. Maybe he will still get to go. My second choice was Tennessee. It is considerably cheaper, and allows you to hunt ALL of the seasons there. Thanks guys for confirming what I feared was true.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:46 AM

FWIW, you get an either sex tag and an anterless only tag so you get two deer for your money.

---

Live - Urbana, IL
Hunt - Knox Co., IL
Old 01-17-2002, 12:25 PM

Sven, two years ago, the same two deer license was $126. Personally, I'll pay the $295, at least one more year.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:18 PM

I realize that. The origianl poster said the new price was for one tag. It's for two. I don't want to get involved in the whole NR tag increase debate again. It's been discussed to death already. I just wanted to dispell part of the rumor Backstraps heard. The tags are for TWO deer not ONE.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sven, another point about the NR tags, even though it states on the ill dnr website that the nr tags will go on sale march 2, I have called them, and they say that the start date for selling tags may be pushed back!
Old 01-19-2002, 12:32 AM

I do agree with your complaints, but as long as hunters will pay for it, the price will rise.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:00 AM

My mistake. You are right it is for 2 deer. Thanks!

Quick Reply: out of state bow tag price for Illinois?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.