Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio deer hunts!!!! Are they really anygood???

Old 12-22-2002, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Ohio deer hunts!!!! Are they really anygood???

I'm not sure of the exact numbers but I believe Ohio has a much higher concentratins of people compared to other popular 'deer hunting states'. The deer in Ohio get pressured HARD during hunting season...especially the deer in the northern 1/3 of the state where the woodlots are generally all under 100 acres and separated by large tracts of agriculture. As was stated they can pretty much lay down and eat almost anywhere they have the notion and dont often develope long patterns in there activity.

Last I knew Ohio's average was 7 deer per square mile. But dont forget thats just an average. The SE counties(where you were at) probly have more like double that number while the NW only half.

Believe me Muskingum county has PLENTY of deer.

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 06-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Banned

You get the hunts can be good. Check out the " DeerCampTalk" forum under Ohio Whitetail Deer hunting at http://www.ohiosportsman.com
Old 06-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started hunting SE. OH. last season and found the bowhunting to be excellent. I thought I was comming to hunt completely flat land with miles and miles of corn fields, but when I got there it was very thick hilly terreign with hardly any AG. crops what so ever. ( Habitat Im not use to hunting) I made 2 trips out there bowhunting and climbed a tree six times before I harvested my buck, I passed up 5 others before that and seen deer everytime out. I think the key was to scout the first day and a half of the trip, I also found that deer can bed anywhere but they are alot less educated and move more during daylight than their cousins from PA. I cant wait for this season!! I think the major difference is that Ohio only has about 300,000 hunters total. I agree witht previous post that you should come check out Ohio sportsman.com, The guys their will be a big help. Pike,

Old 06-17-2003, 02:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]