Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Land prices: it finally happened

Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 AM

Default RE: Land prices: it finally happened

you have it good for 3-5,000 an acre the county i live in sells land for 10,000-20,000 an acre. such bs. but i have 8 acres that i got for 500 an acre 20 years ago.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:17 PM

The same thing is happening here in western kentucky, with our great deer and turkey hunting, the land prices are starting to sky rocket. Right now i can still get some for about 1,200 an acre but i mean i am having to look hard there is already quite a bit going for 2,000 an acre. We have alot of investors from georgia,florida,and some from north carolina buying alot of our land. They know whats happening and want it to hunt and hold onto for a little while. If our deer keep growing like they are it wont be long till the land is way up there in price. I am trying to get in why the gettin is good.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:20 AM

buy what you can while you can
Old 04-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

here in Central Ohio, they are selling 2 acre lots for 25-35K.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 AM

Yeah, suburban lots are seeling higher than rural farm ground, Whats new. I know of a subdivision thats sold a few lots for 60K/ac. So does that make all ground in IL 60K/ac???????

He started this thread to talk about rural farm/hunting ground, not gated communities. There's still a difference in some places.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

The problem is that the lines are now really blurry between subdivision-type land and hunting/agricultural land in some places. Here where i live in Ohio, you can drive 5 miles out in the country and land that should be hunting ground is not getting sold for 60K for an 2 acres. If you want more elbow room, you can drive 10-15 miles out and buy a 5 acre "mini-farm" for about 80K. Thankfully, its not that bad in the part of Illinois where i live because the closest urban sprawl is St. Louis 120 miles to the west.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Here where i live in Ohio...

in the part of Illinois where i live
So where in the devil do you live?

Farm country around here is going for about 3000-3500 per acre. If the land is closer to a city and has a lot of road frontage then it is going to be much higher because someone is going to buy it to sell to city-folk who think that 5 acres is a "farm" and that it somehow makes them "living in the country". Almost laughable, but not when you think of all of the land that is being destroyed because of the numbskulls and money hungry land developers. Like someone said, land will continue to go up so long as people continue to allow it to.

In southern Ohio where the land is good for nothing but hunting and logging, it is much cheaper and one can still find some big tracts for 1,500 or so an acre.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Huntingson,

I've been living just north of Dayton for the past four years. But, i was raised primarily in southern Illinois and own land and do most of my hunting and trapping over there. So, I tend to talk about Illinois like I still live there.

Yeah, I've heard that southern Ohio is kind of a last frontier in terms of low land prices. There is a visitor to this site who occasionally advertises his company that sells tracts of land from 5 to 100 plus acres down in that area, and the prices seem reasonable, under current circumstances. I would love to buy about 20 acres of woods down there, but am still paying off my 19 acres of woods in Illinois.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gottcha.I hear you about wanting more. I don't think I could ever have enough land.Mead was selling a ton of land a couple years ago, but I was in no position to buy any. Too bad too. Some of it was really neat land.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Spike

West Central Illinois

A 80 acre all tillable farm sold for $6,250 per acre,($500,000) and a 100 acre plus pastured timber with very little cutable trees sold for $3200 per acre. These aren't close to any towns and would be consided rural areas.

What is the Mega Millions worth today?

Quick Reply: Land prices: it finally happened

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.