Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

CWD Help Wi

Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Bartender

Default RE: CWD Help Wi

I seen some meetings going on as I type.[*]March 1 & 5 – The Department of Natural Resources will host four deer management Open Houses in south central Wisconsin to discuss deer herd status and possible hunting season framework changes in its chronic wasting disease (CWD) Zones. Agency biologists will discuss results from the 2006 hunting seasons, population estimates (if available), and deer hunting prospects in area deer management units (DMU’s) of the CWD Disease Eradication Zone (DEZ) and the much larger Herd Reduction Zone (HRZ). Discussion will also focus on changing the season length, pre-qualification for buck stickers and earn-a-buck in the CWD Zones. For information contact Alan Crossley, CWD Project Leader, Fitchburg at (608) 275-3242. The remaining Open Houses are as follows:
[ul][*]March 1, Dodgeville - Dodger Bowl, 318 King St., 5 – 8 p.m.[*]March 5, Prairie du Sac - Grand Avenue Elementary School, 225 Grand Ave., 6 – 8 p.m. [/ul]
Old 03-14-2007, 05:14 PM

The Wisconsin DNR is waging a CWD "WAR ON WHITETAILS", There plans are NOT working, and like most political things, NOT rational. Don't take it man! FIGHT BACK! They have turned agaist us in a cival war... Fly your flag at the next DNR meeting, Deer show, or public event, and excercise your freedom of speech. Its the patriotic thing to do!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would you buy a used car from this man? LOL
ORIGINAL: Bloodbro

The Wisconsin DNR is waging a CWD "WAR ON WHITETAILS", There plans are NOT working, and like most political things, NOT rational. Don't take it man! FIGHT BACK! They have turned agaist us in a cival war... Fly your flag at the next DNR meeting, Deer show, or public event, and excercise your freedom of speech. Its the patriotic thing to do!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Bartender

Oh I need that shirt
Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

heresa quick thought, if the deer population is so out of control, maybe they should let the disease go for a while. im not sure if it can be passed to humans or not, if it can that might not be the best idea, but my thinkin is that if it were such a huge problem i dont think the population would be way out of control like they say it is. i gotta give the dnr some slack for their population estimates, i dont think too many people realize how hard it is to corrrectly estimate the herd size of an animal like whitetail deer. that being said, i think it would take a conservation miracle to unite the entire state on a management plan and have it implemented effectively. i'll be going into the environmental science field in college this fall, and hope to learn a bunch of stuff and hopefully pass it on to everybody here. id say a big problem is lack of knowledge and lack of hunter participation in legislation. right now i hunt in an area not yet affected by CWD, but who knows, 20 years from now it might be state-wide, maybe throughout the midwest. it might take an epidemic across one of the richest deer hunting areas in the world to get the manpower focused on a cure rather than a bandaid. just my 0.02