Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Sheds and Morels

Old 02-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sheds and Morels

Awesome pictures Bumb Bass, that's sweet.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Shed, morel and spring turkey hunting is a nice mix. I was only lucky with the mushrooms this day last spring.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

When do antlers start to fall and do Morels grow? I have been trying to find sheds and morels for years and I never find either of them.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: melsheeba

When do antlers start to fall and do Morels grow? I have been trying to find sheds and morels for years and I never find either of them.
Some people are already finding a few sheds in Iowa.The only problems waiting to look for them is that squirrels will chew them up and other people might find them. I'd suggest looking for sheds in places where the bucks went to hide after hunting season. That might be some thick nasty brush next to a food source (corn field).

The morels are usually found late April to early May. Very dependent on the weather in your immediate area. There is a website posted earlier in this thread that will help you keep track of the general season. For me, I noticed a slight correlation between when the asparagus in the garden starts showing up and the morel season. Can't say that it is 100%, just a trend.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have a great time looking for sheds and more than that getting them shrooms, I live in wi and love to get them shrooms...