Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Hunters!

Old 01-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Bartender

Default RE: WI Hunters!

Ahhh I couldnt agree more. I hunt up at my grandmothers just outside of portage. I go down highway U and sheesh the deer numbers.
When gun season starts they seem to get pushed right over to her
area. Problem is I havent hunted up there during gun season
in a few years.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:04 PM

My bro was just up north and checked the cameras. We have new land are tryin to figure out the deer movement. Well we got a nice one on film...With his antlers yet.

Pines

Oh ya....dont mind the date we set it and were in a rush....set the time not the date!!!! Oops

Old 01-28-2007, 06:59 PM

Thats a good looking buck! He has some real potential. Where abouts is your land at?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:12 PM

Bowler Wi, We hunted it the second week of Gun deer this year and my bro got a nice little 8 pointer.

Will be out in spring for turkeys!!!---With a new bow!!!!

pines

Old 01-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Nice, condrads to your bro and good luck to you. I never did get into turkey hunting, which is crazy because the turkey pop. where I live is outrageous! A bunch of my friends hunt gobblers, including an old Scoutmaster of mine who has the grand slam I guess. Pretty cool stuff. I want to start applying for bear tags next year, and eventually try to take one with a bow. I have family in Solon Springs WI, just south of Superior, and they have great area for hunting bears.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Ice fishing hopefully coming up this week. I just p/u a Tribute last week @ a new proshop I found. Got a great deal & great service. Talk about a kid in the candy shop.As for CWD, I just read they found a high # of them in the Northern Kettle Morraine Unit in Waukesha county & have had sharp shooters in there. Don't know where the highest CWD unit is, but I wish the DNR would talk to the game depts out west before they started down this HRZ stuff. Found out 1st that it doesn't work. Any thoughts?
Also, I posted a thread on the Deer/Turkey Expo, anyone going to that?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 PM

I may go to the expo. We'll have to see how much school work I got that weekend. Do you know when it opens up and how much it costs? I'm done playing hockey by then, thank god , so if my proffesors dont load me up with homework that weekend, I would love to go.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another couple inches of snow and im going after some coon bait! The carp come up to open water by the thousands so im in and out in no time.I usually bring a youngster with me who has never done it so he gets to shoot em.That usually gets them hooked on bow hunting.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:04 AM

Thats a good way to do it, I honestly never thought of that. The only time I see bowfisherman out is in the spring and once in a while in the summer. I've never tried that either, looks fun though, I may have to get into that once our boat is all finished up.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Do you know when it opens up and how much it costs?
Burbaust, it is Mar 30,31, & Apr.1. The cost is $10 one day, $17 two-day. I probably will be going on Sat.

Quick Reply: WI Hunters!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.