Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Racine/Kenosha WI area

Old 01-19-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Racine/Kenosha WI area

I'm currently going to school at Carthage College and was just wondering about shooting facilities in the area. I heard of a place called Shooters, but I haven't checked it out. Are there any other places to go and shoot guns/bows? What about getting good gunsmithing and bow work done.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: Racine/Kenosha WI area

www.bristolranges.com

Outdoor ranges right down the road from Kenosha.

Regards. Joe

Old 01-21-2007, 04:42 AM
Bartender

For archery you cant beat Hysells archery I94 and highway E.
See Steve.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:55 AM

I've heard of that place before. Yesterday I went and visisted Shooter's and that seemed like a decent place. Their archery range is almost always open to shoot for unlimited time, so thats cool. The only thing I don't like is the membership fees downhere. The rod and gun club at my home in Portage WI has a membership fee of $25 for the year. Here all of the places to become a member are like $50+. Are there any gravel pits around here where people go and just blow stuff up at? thats the way we do it in Portage.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Site Buck Guru

Shooters is a decent place to shoot. I used to shoot for them. That is where I do all of my sighting, tuning and indoor archery.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Bartender

Well I hunt up in portage and love it, grandparents up there. Vanderhoef's
They have a free range at channel lakes state park at the entrance on route 173 but its a good 45 minute drive at least for you.
ORIGINAL: burbaust99

I've heard of that place before. Yesterday I went and visisted Shooter's and that seemed like a decent place. Their archery range is almost always open to shoot for unlimited time, so thats cool. The only thing I don't like is the membership fees downhere. The rod and gun club at my home in Portage WI has a membership fee of $25 for the year. Here all of the places to become a member are like $50+. Are there any gravel pits around here where people go and just blow stuff up at? thats the way we do it in Portage.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:50 AM

I was able to get a bunch of propoganda from a few places around here in Racine/Kenosha and every has a high membership fee. But, most places are also open to the public. I probably won't get any memberships down here but just go and pay the 5 or 10 bucks to go and shoot for a while.