Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Pike County Bucks

Old 12-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pike County Bucks

Has anyone hunted with Pike County Bucks in Illinois? A friend and I have talked to a few people that have hunted with them and received good reviews. Anyone else?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:18 AM

Default RE: Pike County Bucks

Is that their actual outfitter name "Pike County Bucks." If it is I have never heard of them. Their are several outfitters here that use pike county ____ as part of their outfitter name. If you have a different name post it. I know almost all of them around here.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:10 AM

Go to the IL DNR website and you can find out if they are licenced. Other than that I don't know. I live in Pike, IL and I've never heard of them, but then there's so many outfitters here that it's not surprising.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Pike County Bucks in Wheeling Illinois.

www.pikecountybucks.com
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't really looked at the link in details that was posted above, but keep this in mind. Pike County is in Western Illinois but they claim to be from Wheeling.....a Chicago suburb. Make raise an eye brow. I think more research should be done before committing.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:45 PM

I looked at their website. I don't know them or know anything about them. From the looks of it my guess is that their ground is located around the Pleasant Hill/Martinsburg area. There is some very good hunting in that area. Can't help you out much. If you are interested in a Pike county hunt send me a PM. I have some ground(am not a outfitter) & am looking for a bow for my son. I havehad some offers of used bows but I would rather that we went to the local archery shop & got him set up with one that I will know fits him.If interested let me know. I can send you some pictures of deer off my ground.