Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wolves in WI starting to be a problem

Old 12-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wolves in WI starting to be a problem

Google Southern California cotote attacks, it might surprise you.
ORIGINAL: Don K

i will predict next year we will have a human killed by wolves or coyotes.
Coyotes are going to kill a human??????
Old 12-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wisconsin-Michigan-Minnisota are parts of a tri state wolf program.Does ANY of this ring a bell out there?According to the feds,we can mannage our wolves if all three states have an acceptable management plan.Each state does have a plan and we are ready.Can anyone guess what is stopping us?
Old 12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear what your saying,loosing your tags for shooting a wolf isnt worth it.I gotta hand it to ya,that is some awsome control.I know you wanted to.
ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

The deer woulda died anyhow since when i saw it the wolf had it by the leg. Later on in the day the wolves woulda got it anyhow. I wish i coulda shot the wolves but its not legal which it should be. So that answers your question cowboy
Old 12-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

I hear what your saying,loosing your tags for shooting a wolf isnt worth it.I gotta hand it to ya,that is some awsome control.I know you wanted to.
ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

The deer woulda died anyhow since when i saw it the wolf had it by the leg. Later on in the day the wolves woulda got it anyhow. I wish i coulda shot the wolves but its not legal which it should be. So that answers your question cowboy
No one has to know. do you huntprivate land?just dont go up to it let the coyotes take care of it there wont be much left after that.

Yes Iknow its against the law to shoot wolves and I am VERYlaw abiding but whenim being lied to about the actuall wolf population thats when I WILL TAKE ACTION!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

90% of the country is going to hear about this terrible person who snuffed a bunch of poor wolves and believe he is a terrable person.They dont know any more than what they read.We are supposed to have less than 500 wolves in wi.The whole state! Ive seen 12 in one marsh,one right after another. And that was in an area the DNR says there are no wolves.I honestly believe they didnt know,I honestly believe,they think every pack has a collared female.I honestly believe they need help to get an accurate count.Cause the system isnt working.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got some food for thaught.Wolves in wisconsin are protected.You cant own one,unless its a hybred...After talking the matter over with some folks who deal with them more than i do.It finally made sence to me that the gap in our oppinions isnt so bad.what im seeing arround here is probbobly wolf hybreds.That would explain the boldness that wolves are NOT known for.You realy cant tell by looking at a picture of them.It can only be determined by DNA. But on the trail,Its actions should give it away im told.Well,it turns out i cant shoot a dog running loose on my property either,a cat yes,but not a dog.Makes sence,i dont want to shoot someones buddy.Only a game warden can do that.
Now its time for everyone to do there part.The DNR has people to find wolves.They also have people(voluntiers) who do nothing but follow a certain wolf all winter.When one person stops another picks up the trail and continues.Thats one way they know what they kill,etc. There are not enough people to record all the activity in the state,so they rely on active hunters to report findings in the field.Mabe there are wolves in an area that they didnt know about.Get on the WIDNR web and let them know you need some post cards to report evidence of threatened or endangered animals in the field.The DNR is not your enemy,and they need your help.Everyone will benefit from it,including you.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I think what you said about shooting cats is BS cause i do have cats and if YOU where to shoot one I would come after you with everything i have! Same thing if you shot a dog but you said you wouldnt want to shoot someones "buddy" well my cats are my "buddies" so next time think before you type.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cowboy,quit reading into everything i say,Im talking the law here.What the heck am i going to do with a bunch of dead cats? I wouldnt blame you for flipping out on someone for wasting fluffy.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL I was only being half way serious HAHA
Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well ill tell u this true hound hunters would get rid of their bad dogs because its a waste of dog food. Why keep bad dogs on a property when you can have good hunters where its worth it. And cats i will agree that for farmers they arent bad. I used to be a farmer until milk prices dropped hard. But there has to be a line where we can get rid of cats. So if you have a cat in a foot hold what are you going to do, legally you cant kill it but it will bite u if u try.

Quick Reply: wolves in WI starting to be a problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.