Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wolves in WI starting to be a problem

Old 12-19-2006, 08:02 AM

Default RE: wolves in WI starting to be a problem

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

Dont Belive anything people say about wolves not being a problem! Where I hunt in Idaho this is a statistic from inside the Fish and game. In the salmon area Calf Elk survival was 3% so 97% didnt make it this was because of weather, and wolves,and Mainly wolves. little aircraft fly over the salmon river valley all day and in one day over a 5 square mile area 50 diffrentwolves where spotted in a 6 hour period. Now thats a problem!

And this last winter 15 known cases of bear deaths where by wolves during there hybernation period the wolves got hem out of there dens and would eat them while they where still alive. but unable to function.

Belive what you want to belive butwhen I hunt out there and I see wolves going after Deer, bear, or elk you bet your (rear end) its going to die.
cowboy, I have said it before and will say it again. The situation out West is much different than here in WI. I can see where there is a serious problem out West but not yet here in WI. There is serious need for a Wolf season out there and there will need to be one here soon too.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan so you are saying we should wait till it becomes a problem? Fella it already has. My future father in law had a steer half eaten on night, granted it got its head stuck in the feader and hung it self first. But they still came right up in his yard and ate the hinds out of this thing in 1 night. Whats next?
ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

Dont Belive anything people say about wolves not being a problem! Where I hunt in Idaho this is a statistic from inside the Fish and game. In the salmon area Calf Elk survival was 3% so 97% didnt make it this was because of weather, and wolves,and Mainly wolves. little aircraft fly over the salmon river valley all day and in one day over a 5 square mile area 50 diffrentwolves where spotted in a 6 hour period. Now thats a problem!

And this last winter 15 known cases of bear deaths where by wolves during there hybernation period the wolves got hem out of there dens and would eat them while they where still alive. but unable to function.

Belive what you want to belive butwhen I hunt out there and I see wolves going after Deer, bear, or elk you bet your (rear end) its going to die.
cowboy, I have said it before and will say it again. The situation out West is much different than here in WI. I can see where there is a serious problem out West but not yet here in WI. There is serious need for a Wolf season out there and there will need to be one here soon too.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:39 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Dan so you are saying we should wait till it becomes a problem? Fella it already has. My future father in law had a steer half eaten on night, granted it got its head stuck in the feader and hung it self first. But they still came right up in his yard and ate the hinds out of this thing in 1 night. Whats next?
ORIGINAL: _Dan
Fella? I was talking about here in WI, you are in MN. Mn has a wolf population of almost 10x that of WI. MN should have a season. WI is very close to needing one oursleves.

Does that clear it up, fella?[8D]
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

why wait until there is a problem? we need to act on the wolf situation before it becomes a problem!! we dont need wolves in this state at all...but we're stuck with them so we need to manage them
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Help yourself and everyother hunter you know Kill a wolf save 50+ deer
Old 12-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say vote for Wolf hunts in wisconsin. I HATE wolves and im proud of it.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the thing is I know In lower michigan there are supposed to be 0 wolves but I saw what might have been one moving through the woods, or it might have been a world record class coyote. None the less it was huge I wish i could have had a shot at it! it had to weigh 100 lbs or more. and Yes at first when i saw it i thought it was a huskey Dog but the mroe I looked at it i could tell it wasnt.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

People say that they arent going to have wolves. Sorry to tell ya but where ever theres deer there's going to be wolves. And i'll tell you one thing its not a good lookin site watching the wolves kill the deer. I seen it rifle hunting and next time im just gonna turn my head.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

People say that they arent going to have wolves. Sorry to tell ya but where ever theres deer there's going to be wolves. And i'll tell you one thing its not a good lookin site watching the wolves kill the deer. I seen it rifle hunting and next time im just gonna turn my head.

Why turn your head when you could stop it.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer woulda died anyhow since when i saw it the wolf had it by the leg. Later on in the day the wolves woulda got it anyhow. I wish i coulda shot the wolves but its not legal which it should be. So that answers your question cowboy

Quick Reply: wolves in WI starting to be a problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.