Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WISCONSIN HUNTERS

Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 PM

Default RE: WISCONSIN HUNTERS

hey mallardman21. I hunt around Oconomowoc. and still got no birds yet. might go to theresa marsh this weekend. are y going???

bjw785

Old 11-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Jackson County is where I hunt
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 PM

I hunt NW of Crivitz on Public Land
Old 11-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

hey bjw, i dont know where we are going to be hunting this weekend. However i have been keeping track on a website called lake-link.com, where they update daily on the local marshes. We might not be going due to our 2nd period goose tags being done tom. I would say that it might not be bad to head up there. Will keep you updated.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Southern Eau Claire county. Few small bucks. Starting to respond to grunts and I think my rattle 3 days ago brought one in. Had to EARN my buck.

Shoot the big bucks and the small does...read up on herd managment. Mmmm..small tasty does.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: fireman_lgwi

I have hunted on private land in Jackson county for the last 17 years. Northfield/Hixton area. Question? This year the place I hunt has raised their price alot! I only have the time to hunt opening weekend of gun deer season. They raised the price to $325 to hunt on their property. I feel this isn't bad to hunt on 500 acers for a whole season, however it seems too steep for one weekend. Anyone hunt public land in Jaskson county? or know of any private land to hunt on?
Hey I live in Hixton, am in college but come home often to hunt, between Hixton and BRF. I'd say thats a pretty fair price for 500 acres, are you the only one hunting it? I'm not sure how public land hunting is though, seeing I've hunted private since day one.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:59 PM

MALLERDMAN21, brett W here. wanted to know if your going to the marsh this weeekend??? let me knowI might go sat or sun day we shouldhunt together. if u want athrid person with u and your dad. thanks
Old 11-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Brett W. nope not going to the Marsh this weekend probably not going to be hitting that marsh this year. we will for surebe up there next year we will have to keep in touch.My father and I went out to Big Muskego, it was very sparse we should have had 3 ducks each, with the wind and cold not shooting correctly i should have had 2 blue bills pissed me off.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 PM

mallardman21, that sucks u missed the ducks. went to my spot today, not much of birds there. took shot at a flock of geese hit one in the ass saw some feather fallbut goose keep on going. kick up 4 mallard when i got there. they never came back.had some guy walk in on me while i was sooting at the geese. I let him hunt with me due to the fact he had a lab withhim after that had some ducks and geese fly over but out of range to shhot at. all in all it was a slow and windy day. won't hunt next weedend have to work. 3 weeks to deer hunting starts. I will go second weekend if my buddy has his house done and if he goes. sucks that u will not hunt the marsh till next year. I was hoping wecould hook up and go.that meknow how u do next weekend if u go.
Brett W
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 PM

Marion Wisconsin. (Shawano Area) Hunt Waupaca And Shawano Countys.

Quick Reply: WISCONSIN HUNTERS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.