Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

youth season tomorrow morning 10/7&8

Old 10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default youth season tomorrow morning 10/7&8

headed out early in the morning to take my neighbor kid on his first deer hunt ,actually his first hunt of any kind . should be a blast and hope he bags one
Old 10-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: youth season tomorrow morning 10/7&8

Way to go Bob! Good luck and let us know how ya do!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to the young guy Bob.

And I want to thank you for doing the right thing - introducing him toMother Nature's wonderful playland!

I recently spoke with aa guy who is an outdoor educator. He told me that if a kid hasn't cast a line before he was 10 years old, chances are he never really would become involved in fishing. He told me that if a kid doesn't atleast start shooting or hunting along side a family member or friendbefore 12 - he probobly never would.

So again Bob a big "THATTA BOY!"

And we want pictures. Harvest or no harvest - we want pictures! Heck just you and the young guy afield & smiling would be great.Comradorie is every bit as important as harvest.Make sure you pump up his "mental tank" with lots of encouragement and letting him know he's making good decisions.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

well no luck today ,but between morning and afternoon session while he was at his last youth football game i went and checked out a new place for tomorrow , lots more deer sign and hopefully he will fill his tag in the morning
Old 10-08-2006, 08:46 PM

I took my son, thanks to huntingnet member "Lanse couche couche"for letting us hunt on his land for the weekendafter we lost our lease.
At about 7:40 Sunday morning, my boy shot his first deer!!!! He used the gun I shot my first deer with, and he did it the day after his 10th birthday. We saw a nice doe on his birthday, but we couldn't get a clean shot, but this morning, two does came in directly downwind of us (oops) and the boy calmly made the shot. Meanwhile, 'ol dad was having the worst case of buck fever EVER.
Thank you sooooooooooo much Lanse.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome! Congrats to the young guy! And a well deserved Thatta boy to 442 too obviously.

And a big

KUDOS

to Lanse for helping get a youngster headed down the right track!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the kid did not get a shot , we had some deer at 120 yards for the last 45 minutes of the day sunday but no closer. he had a blast though , i got a picture of him asleep in the stand sunday morning. had to laugh before sunrise sunday had two racoons running around under the stand, when they met up they got in a little squabble , kind of scared him, after they quieted down he asked me if racoons could climb? i had to hold back the laughter but he was okay once i assured him the racoons would not bother him
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I go with...............no harvest? - SO WHAT! You guys had a new experience (to him) of the coon fight, I know they can sound pretty scary to a kid. Plus he did get to observe some deer in their natural environment. Next time hopefully a little closer. Gotta crawl before you walk. Any time afield, especially introducing youngsters is the true reward! Post that pic bob, OK?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to all in both stories! That is what it is about!