Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anyone from Michigan been out Turkey Hunting yet?

Old 04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone from Michigan been out Turkey Hunting yet?

I have seen a bunch of Hen's running around and are not on any NESTS at all. What have you observed?
www.moabhunting.com

Old 04-25-2006, 09:18 AM

Default RE: Anyone from Michigan been out Turkey Hunting yet?

Haven't been out yet Troy. My week is now through the 30th, but due to work load, won't be able to get huntin' til Friday through the weekend. They are a gobbling like crazy up toward Mecosta county. No real monsters, but average 7-9 inch beards. I will take it!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 AM

I have the late hunt, so have not been out yet, but they are gobbling a lot in barry county.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Troy

My hunt was 4 /17 thru the 23rd, I was out opening day had 3 young tom's maybe two year's in age.
They where gobbling all morning long , Had a love triangle decoy set up within 15 yd's to my blind.
Those tom's came in from behind my blind & then saw my decoy's but they wouldn't challenge my jake decoy.
They kept there distance & didn't offer me a shot with my bow.

Day two diffrent loc. diffrent setup / heard them gobble early but never saw them.
Day threeanother diffrent spot but no action, & then didn't go back out after that.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

I took the May season, give's me more time to fit hunting in.
I have heard them Gobbling around the house
So hopefully thing's will strateragize for me next week
Old 04-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

only two more days only two more days. I can not wait im hunting in macomb county.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from the Thumb area. I was supposed to hunt Tue. morning to Saturday but my Dad went into the hospital at 2:30 AM Tue. and didn't get released till late Thursday afternoon. I left at 4:00 AM Fridayset up about 6:00 AM andhad 3 turkeys gobbling but would never come in. I saw one Tom about 100-125 yds. away crossing a field. I hunted till about 1:00 PM and then went to get something to eat. When I came back there was a camper parked where I had been that morning. They had no clue, they were camped about 30 yds. from a hen on her nest. That afternoon I snuck up on a gobbler in a green field and tried some calling but he just wandered off to the woods. Saturday morning I was set up just outside where he went in and he showed up about 75 yds. away, I thought this is it,this dude iscoming home with me, then 2 hens walked out of the woods and he followed them everywhere. I relocated 3 times and could never entice him from those girls. Finally gave up around 10:30 AM and packed it up. They only gave out like 400 permits for that area and I think there were 399 hunters out there on Saturday. I hate hunting State Land.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:12 AM

Hunted from the 24th through the 29th. I did not get a single gobble until the 27th. I saw a lone hen on the 25th. What I did see was the area I was hunting over run with coyotes. I saw a heard them really close to me every morning with yote tracks on every two rut. I was bow hunting. I have to think that had something to do with the amount of turkey talk going on. I know where I will bve preditor hunting this year. Last yaer there was a wolf running around the area and I did not see a yote and the birds were talking like crazy! I hate to say it, but I wish that wolf was there this season.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:37 AM

Just finished my season the 30th. Hunter 0, Birds 1. Of course the counties I hunt in are hunted so hard and those who hunt it shoot everything that moves that resembles a turkey or a deer. Birds are EXTREMELY call shy in Mecosta and Newaygo counties. Going for the first hunt next year, then if Idon't happen to get drawn, I can buy in to the May hunt. I think I am with you Bob, take that may hunt.......need more time LOL.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well thing's worked out good for me,
I deffinatly had to stateragize on this one.
Took a nice Gobbler,I posted the story on Turkey Forum (smart old bird)
He had a 10&1/4 inch Beard
1 inch and 1&1/8 inch Spurs
weighed 21# 2oz

Quick Reply: Anyone from Michigan been out Turkey Hunting yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.