Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Rut

Old 03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default Rut

When does the rut on a normal month start. In Ohio. Thanks rich
Old 03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rut

I should of said Oct or Nov. about what time. Rich
Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
kop

November but there is no set dates it varies from year to year you will have to keep an eye on the does and their tarsal glands when they start turning dark brown the rut is close.There will be a pre-rutphase about 10-14 days before this where most of the younger bucks will be harassing and chaseing does just watch the tarsal glands on the does and you'll know when the main rut is on some will come into esterus before the main rut and some after then when the does dry up you will be in the post rut phase where the big boys will be cruising for that last hot doe.I take three weeks vacation from work to try and cover all these phases.I like the pre-rut phase the rut phase can be a little boring and slow but the post rut phase can be the most exciting if you got the nerve to pass up some good bucks in the pre and rut phases.Some people will tell you the second week of nov. some will say nov.8-12 and they are some-what right you just got to bein the woods to see because you have to remember there are three phases to the rut and usually at least one of them falls on those dates. Watch for pre around 8-19 rut 20-23 post 24-30
Old 03-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Late oct. early Nov.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:49 PM

usually here in WI it really blasts off the first week of November, but flucuates year-year