Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan Turkey Permits!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default RE: Michigan Turkey Permits!

Bnzartman, does this help you out? I just got this email today from the DNR.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 10, 2005

Contacts: Al Stewart 517-373-1263, Lisa Winters 517-373-3904 or
Mary Dettloff 517-335-3014

Leftover Spring Turkey Licenses Available March 15

The Department of Natural Resources announced today that policies regarding the availability of leftover spring turkey hunting licenses have changed, making the spring season consistent with procedures for the fall season. This change was announced at the Natural Resources Commission meeting Thursday.

Previously, only unsuccessful applicants in the lottery drawing were eligible to purchase a leftover license. Beginning at 10 a.m. Eastern on March 15, individuals who did not participate in the drawing will be allowed to purchase a leftover license for the 2006 spring turkey quota-limited hunts. This change does not include Hunt 234, which will continue to be available only to unsuccessful applicants.

Individuals may purchase one leftover license in person on a first-come, first-served basis from any authorized Michigan hunting license agent, until the quota is met for each hunt unit. It is unlawful to obtain or purchase more than one spring turkey hunting license.

Leftover license availability for each hunt unit is published at www.michigan.gov/dnr. Hunters who need assistance purchasing a leftover license should call the DNR at 517-373-3904 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Managing wild turkeys in Michigan involves complex interactions between turkeys, their habitat and people. The goal of the spring wild turkey hunting season is to maximize hunter opportunity while maintaining a satisfactory hunting experience. Only bearded turkeys may be harvested in the spring season. This conservative harvest approach has allowed the continued growth and expansion of the wild turkey population in Michigan, DNR wildlife officials said.

The DNR is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural resources for current and future generations.

You are receiving this information because you voluntarily provided the DNR with your Web address while purchasing your hunting/fishing license online. If you would like your name removed from this mailing list, please click here: [email protected].

Thank you
MDNR E-License
www.michigan.gov/dnr
Old 03-15-2006, 12:30 PM

First try for the spring hunt and got my first choice, Unit M, not sure the county. I will be hunting on a freinds land, I think around 300 acars, but not all in one clump. From what I have been told there will be about 8 guys at camp this year, should be a good time.

BowHuntingfool is WI a draw as well, I would have figured you guys had tuns of turks down there?
Old 03-21-2006, 07:46 AM

Wow.........I feel fortunate then. This is my first year applying and I got the hunt I wanted......Second hunt.......April 24th-30th. Here is hoping.