Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Hunters?

Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Ohio Hunters?

I moved to Dayton, Ohio 2.5 years ago from Illinois. I still go back to Illinois for my hunting, but in the past few months have just started to check into the possibility of getting involved in some hunting here in Ohio. I wouldn't mind trying to do some varmint hunting (this state is crawling with groundhogs) here over the next few months, or think in terms of regular game for next year. If anybody would be interested in getting together let me know.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:20 PM
emo

Default RE: Ohio Hunters?

www.ihunt.ws orwww. lazyshuntclub.org
Old 01-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Emo,

Thanks for the info. At this point, I am only mildly interested in joining a club. I'm largely interested in the occasional varmint hunt and maybe stomping brush for rabbits from time to time. So, I don't want to have to lay out much money for a club membership.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey lanse! i'm hunting in ohio also. if you just take a drive into the country and find a farm, ask if you can knock out a few hogs, i'm pretty sure they'll let ya. the best groundhog killer around my house is my bloodhound. it's not too fun to take about a TRACTOR BUCKET full of ground hogs out of my yard every couple of days but it beats breaking the tractor axle and replaceing equiptment parts. you can find about anywhere to hunt groundhogs in ohio
Old 01-26-2006, 08:31 PM

I'd shoot some rabbits with ya'...if you can find a good place. I'm in Tuscarawas County, and the rabbit pop around here is TERRIBLE. Okay, the 2 farms I hunt have almost no rabbit...had to put that disclaimer in before 3 guys flame me saying how they saw 75 yesterday. I'm pretty far away from Dayton too...but my sister-in-law lives in Dayton, so might be able to arrange a Sat hunt sometime. I'd love to go shoot some ground hogs, but all I have are .22 rifles (which everyone says are too small to use), and a 30-06, too darn big for the farms where I hunt. All my other guns are shotguns...Maybe I'll try using my slug gun on 'em I killed a couple groundhogs with my .22s when I was a kid, maybe I oughtta try it again.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey stone, what town are you in? i'm in doylestown/marshallville .22's are fine if you are close or useing hollowpoints. i killed a groundhog with my redryder bb gun once.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:26 PM

I'm in the Dover/New Philadelphia area...I'm not even sure where Doylestown/Marshallville are located. Anyone know if it's worth a trip to Wayne Nat'l to bunny hunt? I drive down there once in awhile to meet some guys to ride dirtbikes...I could make it a dual-purpose visit.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

holy moly! i used to go to the dover tractor show every year! i also got my dog in new phily!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:56 PM

LOL...yeah, it's a TINY world. The fairgrounds are only a few blocks from my house. When I was in highschool, this whole area was GREAT for rabiit and grouse...now I just don't see them...poplular belief among hunters is the increase in raptors around here, and the increasing yote population.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Stoneman,

I'll be a little more enthusiastic about looking for public land or access to private land since I know that there is at least one person out there who is interested in stomping brush or snipegroundhogs withme.I've got a .17 hmr,and am willing to take turns with it, although your .22 with some longs in it will do there trick at closer ranges.

Also, I live right on the Great Miami river just north of Dayton. The next time you plan a trip to visit the Sis-in-law keep in mind that I'm always looking for fishing partners.

Quick Reply: Ohio Hunters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.