Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Hunters?

Old 01-27-2006, 09:43 AM

Default RE: Ohio Hunters?

Oh man, I used to be BIG into bass fishing...with some walleye fishing thrown in. I still have all my gear, but I opened up a couple of my tackle boxes last summer, and ALL the skirts were melted together, and a lot of my plastic baits were shot...was very depressing. I got into mountain biking, and spent all summer doing that for a few years, and just neglected the fishing. I'm hoping to start going again soon...couple of my kids are old enough to go now, and are interested. I intherited my grandpa's 16' Sea Nymph, that's all setup for fishing, so need to get that puppy back in the water.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

There are a lot of smallmouth bass in the Great Miami over here. Enough that I keep catching them while fishing on bottom with nightcrawlers for catfish. I have some neighbors that have caught them up to the 3-4 pound range which, I think, is pretty good size for smallmouths.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:06 PM

Lanse, Not to sure of how far of a drive it is for ya but some of my buddies go to a place called Deer creek and they said its between columbus and dayton off of 70 but they get nice deer there every year. And maybe a bunny hunt wouldnt be bad for next year either, I live up in findlay so the drive is long but maybe the ohio guys can get hooked up and do something this summer/fall? I think it would be fun!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hotburn,

I'll check into Deer Creek. I'll also look into some other potential public access spots. Maybe we can get at least one Mother of all Rabbit hunts organized with folks from HNI for next year.