Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Earn-a-buck

Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default WI Earn-a-buck

Looks like there is a good chance of earn-a-buck requirements for several WI units next year. Some of the counties on watch including Buffalo county were down in antlerless harvest and up in the number of bucks harvested.

http://www.justinwp.com/post.php?id_blg=30

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/ce/news/rbnews/2005/112905co1.htm
Old 12-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WI Earn-a-buck

Thanks for the update. Perhaps I should take another doe. I'm sure we will be in earn-a-buck. 65% buck harvest in my county from what I heard. Not good, but lots of nice bucks taken.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, you can qualify for a buck next year if you shoot a doe this year. might as well take care of that in the late tzone
Old 12-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I wish we had EAB here , we're sheitty with does . I'd much rather have EAB than any kind of antler restrictions or one buck rule .
Old 12-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

same here kevin. just guessing i would say the doe to buck ratio in the places i hunt is easily 9 to 1 pretty rediculous. it may even be more than that. hopefully illinois will realize that 90% of people are trophy hunters and if it were EAB than the population would be reduced. instead, they just open up another gun season which is absolutely worthless IMO.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM

The Wisconsin DNR is nuts! They say we have all these deer and we don't. In the northern part of the state with their stupid Zone T hunts, and from the bear and wolves the deer numbers are way down. Now the DNR wants to threaten us with Earn a Buck next year. Well if they do I am not buying a Wisconsin deer tag, I will go else where and hunt in the U.P.

The deer numbers just are not there any more. This season during the bow and gun season, all I saw was a fawn. Last year I didn't see any deer neither. Also a lot of people I know have not been seeing deer either. When I first moved on my land every night we saw at least 30 deer in our fields, now we hardly see any deer in our fields at night. The DNR is ruining Wisconson deer hunting. No other states have earn a buck or zone T's but our DNR doesn't get it. I think the insurance companies are also involved with this.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

They say we have all these deer and we don't.

look at the numbers:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/ce/news/pdf/2005_9_day_table.pdf

the buck harvest was up in most counties while the antlerless harvest was down. statewide the buck kill was up by 11.7% and the antlerless kill was down 2.84% from last year.

this is unhealthy for the herd if the numbers get too lopsided and the earn-a-buck policy is the tool to make sure that does not happen. personally, I saw between 15-25 deer on average through gun season. My father saw 15 different bucks opening day alone...
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 PM

$#%@#$% %^$%^#$%^$%^#$%^#$%^ i hate earn a buck i had to let so many nice bucks walk last year with that bull $h!t
Old 12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

you know you can shoot a doe now and be qualified for a buck next year right? why dont you go out in the late tzone and do just that?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:32 PM

im prequalified four times over. i shoot does anyway, but i dont like the pressure that it puts on you to get a doe.

Quick Reply: WI Earn-a-buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.