Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Earn-a-buck

Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WI Earn-a-buck

Wow, I just checked where I hunt, Bayfield County, and the total of deer taken overall wa down 20% !!! Thats what I have always wondered, where are all the deer they keep talking about !
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 AM

does anyone have a list or link to the units that are on watch for EAB next year?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 AM

I'm kinda inclined to think the numbers are off in some areas too. Is it a great surprise the buck kill is up this year, State wide we also had fewer TZones then previous years. Perhaps hunters are now moving to none quota areas.
I hunt alot in Kenosha county, HRZ the past two years and TZone many years before that. As of the end of the nine day gun season the harvest was at an all time low. Either the hunters went north or the deer just aren't here. I gotta tell ya it is hard to find tracks in fresh fallen snow on the 1200 private acres I hunt. The idea even before CWD was to reduce the herd size across the state. At least in my area I think it has been done. They just seen to keep hammering the same areas year after year. I would be curious to hear from other hunters who have seen fewer deer in the areas they hunt also.
Don't get me wrong I'm all for sound managment practices, but what happend to the record kills that took place not to many years ago. They must have all been taken from my county..........