Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

headed to Illinois on the 5th....

Old 11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Spike

Default headed to Illinois on the 5th....

i am headed to pike county,il on dec. 5th for a late season archery hunt and am wondering what i can expect.....i know that its not gonna be anything like hunting during the rut but can i expect to see some nice bucks?....i am gonna be hunting with hunting unlimited inc......so anyone from illinois with and info would be much appreciated......and also,whats pike county like??....lots of flat land,rolling hills,etc....???....country roads to get lost on??..i am driving from east tennessee so i got a long haul ahead of me and i am hoping to see some 125's or better......thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 03:01 PM

Default RE: headed to Illinois on the 5th....

Well you will be coming right after second gun season. I don't know what its like down there after shotgun season, but it usually takes a little while for the deer to get moving again. Good Luck.