Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 09-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Indiana Hunters

Just thought I'd start this thread now. Last year we had a great thread going all the way until December or so. Even had a young lady post pics of a few deer she took.

I hunt in Adams County, and up in LaGrange County. Scouted the LaGrange land yesterday (saturday, sept 17), saw 3 scrapes (no joke! VERY early for that around here) and trees' that have been destroyed from rubs. Even kicked a few big does up too.

Can't wait to get up there in 2 weeks!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

i am also counting the days. We hunt mainly jackson county, but i have been up around northern part of columbus and some other places just outside Jackson. Good luck out there!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

im hunting down south in Warrick, Vanderburgh, and Pike County.. last 2 years i have taken two bucks scoring 130 or high one in warrick and one i pike.. i whitnessed a buck making a scrape yesterday.. Seems to me that they are doing that pretty early this year. i came across a few rubs. also saw what looked to be a 145 inch 8 pointer symmetrical as could be. running around i hope to see him Oct. 1 :-)
Old 09-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

We've seen TONS of rubs..and some scrapes on the edges of fields. Kicked up does feeding in bean fields too. Got the last of our stands up yesterday...going up today to finalize everything with bow holders and the like.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

thats cool.. yesterday in this woods behind my house.. i saw 3 does 2 fawns 1 spike and a nice 8 pointer. probably 135-140.. he was actually running these does.. i watched for a good hour or so.. they came out at about 6 central time.. but he had all the dder running.. theres a field right nex to the woods.. thats where all this was happening.. he was the last one to walk out in the field.. and he came out strutting.. it was cool
Old 09-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't been seeing deer at all , there's so much food and water in the local woods right now that they don't have to travel .
Old 09-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

them deer around here are on the acorns,thats where i will be on saturday, i wish you all a great season and a safe one.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

They haven't touched the acorns around here yet..which is suprising to me. It appears as if corn and beans are their primary and secondary food source still...while acorns aren't on their list right now.

I believe Saturday and Sunday will prove to be nice weather wise...although a bit warmer than I'd like. Highs are expected to be mid-70's as of Tuesday night.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

ya the deer are hitting the soybeans right now.. i expect them to start heading for them acorns in a week or so.. thats where i'll be.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

*UPDATE*
I've discovered to my delight that several of the persimmon trees on my land have already started dropping sweet ripe fruit ! Just in time for bow season and right over a trail leading from a soybean field right across the road . I have a ground blind spot already picked out between the road and the trees , things are looking up for this weekend !

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.