Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-18-2005, 09:06 PM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

By the way, congrats to you, Pat! I forgot to add that in my last post...

I have been a Sox fan for as long as I can remember, I'm pumped for this series!

Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for me to utilize my 1/2 day off work tomorrow... think I may go buy some stuff and try an artificial scrape, never tried it before... but I've been reading a ton about it, seems to work for many people, never hurts to try I guess.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:26 PM

I hunted Owen county last weekend, took my wife on her first deer hunt, i felt bad all we got to see was a little spike. the beans are still up and the heavy acorn crop seems to be a non factor, but she wants to go again. Putnam county here we come, wish us luck this weekend. i will let you know how it goes
Old 10-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this evening. Was in the stand about 20 minutes when i heard something in behind me, i turned around and seen the funniest looking buck i have seen in some time. He only had 1 point, it looked like a spike without the other set but this one point had to have been at least 7 inches tall. I just let him walk. That was all i seen in stand, but on the walk back to the truck i seen 9 out in the fields.

Tonight also marked the 3rd night in a row where i have seen a group of deer out in this grass field where i hunt. They were there on Saturday when i went out and scouted around, they were there last night when i drove by and they were there tonight. There is only one tree out there in the field. Im not sure what kind of a tree it is but the deer are feeding directly under it. This tree is only about 60 yards from where i park my truck, i've never even considered hunting there, the property owner keeps it mowed, he pracically considers it his front yard. I may have to get me a stand up on the edge of this field and catch them entering it in the evenings.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:12 PM

If you are really lucky bigbuck it will be a wild pecan. Deer go crazy over them when they fall. But the ones that I knew about down here are gone now. Yup to the saw mill. Money Money Money.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 PM

Should have read the last couple of lines befor replying. What a bummer for it to be in a considered front yard and a no hunting area. Stand close or a tripod is about your only option.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not sure what it is IndianaHick, i may take tomorrow off hunting wise and just go check this area out. I can hunt this field, im freinds with the owner and he would let me shoot one in his drive if i needed to. He says everynight he comes home from work (around midnight) that those deer are still in that field and sometimes run in front of him in his drive.

It's just strange to me becuase he has a pretty good sized woods in the back full of acorns and a huge crop field on the side, yet all the deer seem to be right in front of the house under a single tree. It's deffinitely dropping something they like.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:00 PM

Feels like deer season in central Indiana
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you, BHG.

I hope the rain holds off tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to hunt all weekend, but my truck just got recalled b/c the brakes are all messed up. I don't mind driving to work in it (5 minute drive), but on the interstate to hunt over an hour away...ugh...not so sure about that. Won't be fixed until Monday...damn'd Chevy.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:34 PM

who needs brakes they just slow you down anyway
Old 10-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

deer summary:

2nd week of bow missed a 140 inch 10 pointer.. ended up shooting a basket rack 8 pointer. in vanderburgh county. (deer reduction/urban county).. monday night i saw a 160 inch 10 pointer 400 yard away from a 145 inch 8 pointer.. i would love to watch these bucks in about 2 weeks or so battle it out for dominancy. also saw a 140 inch 8 pointer tonight... bucks have been moving extremely well in southern indiana... more than ever

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.