Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-17-2005, 07:28 AM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Hey Guys I was thinking of leasing some land in Daviess county and was just wondering if anybody huntsthere or near there and could give me some insite also wondering if anybody knows of any good duck or goose hunting spots near there! Thanks!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry BigOrange..can't help ya there.

Saturday was VERY windy! The morning wasn't too bad..but then we went to an Applebee's. Three 22oz of Budweiser's later..plus a sampler platter..and I was half gone. Yeah..I know..not very responsible..but it sure was fun!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:30 AM

LOL... I did my drinkin' on Saturday too... got to my stand, too windy, said screw it, I'll go home and drink some beer!

Sunday, didn't go in the morning, twisted hubby's arm to go in the evening, glad I did. I saw 6 deer, 2 bucks, little 7 or 8, think it was a small 8, but hard to tell through binocs at 150yds.... climbing out of stand at 6:20, looked down the ditchline and there was a nice one in the corner of the bean field (can't see it from sittin' in stand, only from ladder), didn't have enough light to see real well through binocs, but it looked like a good 10 point anyway... I've GOT to find a tree down there that will hold my stand, I won't even have a shot with my muzzie come season because of a tree blocking the view. If I can't find a tree, I'm gonna have to invest in a ground blind, I can't miss that opportunity, that's a wall hanger for me... and lots and lots of jerky and summer sausage

Hopefully I'll get a shot, seeing some scrapes and rubs, the maintence guy just took me out and showed me 4 rubs on the property here (the one we got permission to bowhunt granted the residents don't scope us out...) We have GOT to get a stand up there too, 3 reports of a 10 pointer sighted back there too...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure wish the temps would start dropping...and the corn fields be shelled. I hate sweating in a stand..with gnat's all around me..while I see deer walking down the row's of a corn field 100 yards away. It's past the middle of October already..and I have yet to have frost on my truck. I remember when I was in High School a few years ago...it snowed the day my nephew was born..October 9th.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The heat is a pain, its supposed to cool off this weekend though. Highs around 60 degrees. Thats a lot better then mid 70's. Were approaching the end of October though and that is always when deer activity picks up, regardless of weather. We had a light frost this morning i noticed while leaving for class. Im going to go out Wednesday night and then hunt up through Sunday.

Pat, you pumped for the game tonight?? I may miss the kick, im scheduled for class till 9, but he usually lets us out at 8. If he goes much over i may just get up and leave,lol.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHAT A FREAKIN' GAME! I tossed my Bob Sander's jersey across the room when they were down 17-0...next thing you know we win 45-28!!!!

BTW, I got engaged this afternoon. Great day for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Pat, thats awesome.

I dont have much a voice right now, i went nuts after we got down 17. Good thing we came back, i had that feeling that this would be the game we lose that we should not and and it would cost us HFA.

I thought about going hunting this morning, but i think im too fired up to get to bed.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 AM

No one watched the pennant chase last night? I would love to see the Astros take it to Chicago and play my Sox... but DANG, what a shot by Pujols in the 9th! The best part of the game was when the commentator says after Molena ripped a shot into right center and the fielder dove and missed, "Why not dive for the ball out there, it's Molena, he couldn't make it to third if he were playing on a little league field with no fence!" LOL I was LMAO for a while after that.

Anyway, went back and checked on the scrapes here on work property today.... some doe tracks in 'em that weren't there yesterday. Saw a monster print in the fresh mud on the outskirts of the little 4 acre woods we have here... about 2" (no kidding) deep and freakin' HUGE. The scrapes are all made in a patch of fallen acorns, 4 of them, one pretty big. It just dawned on me to set up my trailcam there to catch the action. I still haven't gotten a stand up there... my maintence guy is suppose to be building it, but the tallest 2x4 we have is 8 feet. I have GOT to get back there during PTDT (prime time deer time) to scout it. I wish I woulda got permission to hunt it BEFORE season started. [:@] I just didn't think there was any way in heck that the Mgr. would say go for it, as nice of a guy as he is, I figured he'd see it as a potential resident complaint problem...

Old 10-18-2005, 07:41 PM

I flipped back and forth between the football and baseball game. After the Cards got down by two I watched the colts mostly. Sure thought that they were going to get it put to them by the rams. Highly disappointed after the first quarter. The Rams were sure playing to shut down the passing game. I believe that most of the Colts opponets this year are going to be playing the pass first. Edge has to have a good game to get them out of it also. I did check back on the Cards in the top of the 9th and seen Edwards draw his walk and returned in time to see reruns of Pujols homer. Yes!!! If the Astro's get in I will have to be for the Sox. But then again I was for the Sox in 59. Ha Ha.

They started picking the corn down here today. Now if the temps would only drop and the full moon would wain things would pick up in the deer woods. Yeah.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't watched baseball since Steve Bartman.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.