Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Not me. I will be in the stand all weekend. I have only missed one day go on 6 years. I can see the girlfriend after dark.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:18 PM

I was planning on going Saturday all day and Sunday, just found out Tuesday that we are on a Mandatory open house at work and both myself (asst. prop. mgr) and my property manager are required to attend, this will make the 3rd weekend in a row I've worked, next weekend will be the fourth [:@][:-] I'm starting to get peeved... I have been planning this as my hunting weekend for a month now, and it's all messed up now. Open house starts at 10am, goes until 4pm, pretty much screws up the whole notion of going to the stand Saturday. I suppose I could go Saturday morning and get out at 9, be back in time to change clothes and show homes... but it puts a damper on my evening hunt. I'm so bummed. On top of all that, I've developed a nice little cold to accompany me through the next couple of weeks I'm sure, complete with a sore throat and mild fevers.... some week it's been.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how it feels to have to work weekends BHG, the place i worked made me work every weekend when i was on part time. When i moved up to full time, they did my schedule differently then everyone elses, i had to do a 7 day stretch every other week. Which meant i was working 2 weekends a month. Everyone else worked Mon-Fri and one saturday a month. I put up with this BS for 7 months after being promoted to full time status, then i complained, coincidentally 3 weeks later they terminated me, said i was "endangering others on the job".

Im still fighting them over this, thats part of the reason i havent been out hunting. The state awarded me unemployment and said they had absolutely no proof of "just cause". They appealed it and i just so happen to have a proffessor who is a lawyer and he has been helping me prepare. I hope to stick it to them again at the hearing next Thursday. Then im going hunting as soon as its over, and i will be happy when that time comes.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can gladly say I haven't worked a weekend in years. Heck, I rarely work past 11am on Fridays. Being a welder rocks. [8D]
Old 10-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

It's Friday. And pay day. I am ready to head to the camper. I only saw 17 Monday - Thursday. Very slow, evenings only. But the crops are coming out so that should help. I am ready to go to Madison and hunt and hang out.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

parret, where you hunting in madison i`m pretty close to there..
Old 10-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out tonight to check up on my stands and see what signs i could find. Found several small rubs, one was about 2 feet from my stand. Didnt see any big rubs though, mostly small ones. I also found 2 scrapes. As for deer, i seen 6 despite all the noise i was making walking through the woods. All the crops are down that surround the woods, looks like its good to go. I will be out there hunting for the first time this season later this week. This full moon we will have should kick the pre rut into high gear. Hopefully it cools down.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

VERY slow weekend for me. Saw a few deer in bean fields in the evenings..but that's it. Too warm..and today it was way too windy. Tomorrrow will be spent with the woman..so have fun hunting w/o me.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:27 AM

I haven't even gotten a chance to go... I went out last night, got in my stand and realized it was NOT going to work out for me... my stand was blowin', my hat kept blowing off... tree was rocking... got down and scouted for scrapes and rubs for 20 minutes and went home. I didn't go yesterday morning because I hadn't felt well the night before, got up to go this morning and the hubby didn't feel like going, crawled back into bed and I only slept an hour longer... I shoulda gone this morning. I'm gonna try it tonight, but it's fairly windy again, so who knows.

Hubby doesn't really want to go tonight either, but I think he is going to just to suffice me. I guess he's kinda depressed with the whole hunting thing this year, he's rather disgusted with what's left of our woods. 4-wheelers run through it all summer and right up to and including first week of bow season, he's convinced the deer no longer feel secure in our woods so they are just using it to "pass through". I have seen a ton of deer this year though, plus I have that button buck under my belt, so I don't feel the same way. I really hope he shoots one tonight so he gets pumped up again, it's depressing me, he's my huntin' buddy, when he doesn't want to go, it's only 1/2 the fun.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Sat. was good Sunday was slow
Sat morning 5 does2 bucks could not tell how big
Sat evening 9 does 6 bucks only one was past his ears
Sun. morning 4 does 2 bucks small 4,6pt.
Sun. evening. 7 does and 1 coyote, that I could not get a shot at. Hopen it starts to pick up

I am not 2 far from Brooksburg.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.