Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

I can't wait to get this ½ day over with...then I'm off to the woods!
Old 10-07-2005, 07:39 AM

Right there with you Pat... I should be in my stand by 2:30 or so... I am a little uneasy about this wind though, it's quite brisk. It's suppose to get up to 20mph today. I should have taken my half day yesterday, or this morning, it would have been the right time. I just talked to my maintence guy and he said there were deer in every field this morning on his way to work. [:-] Hope that means there will be deer in MY field tonight. Wish me luck, this will be my first time going hunting by myself... I know it will seem weird to all of the guys out here, but I wasn't raised in the woods like my husband was... he just can't understand why I don't like to walk out by myself at dark, but I've never had to deal with it before! He keeps encouraging me to come out by myself and I keep saying "I'm not ready yet". So I had my guts about me last Sunday, I was going to come out... all by myself... in the dark... but then he ended up coming over to my stand because the yin yins were under his, so I didn't have to. But today, it's just me, myself, and I... I'm fine to walk through the day, doesn't bother me, I can see everything around me, but at night, I HATE not being able to see what's around me, even with a flashlight, but I'm gonna do it today. Once I do it, it should get me over my fear... I HOPE.

I feel like an idiot. I love to hunt, and I'd sit in the stand every day, but I hate walking through by myself. What a hunter, eh? Sheesh... maybe tonight things will change for me.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:18 AM

When our two daughters were married they both bought last years model type dresses, and the least fancy then an aunt added extra lace and beads, etc. Since we were church members the church did not cost anything, But we did give the preacher, organist, etc something. As for the reception afterword where my father in law worked had a club house and he got that. Extremely low cost, just had to pay for cleaning. Both weddings were really nice. I doubt if we had more than 2 K in each. I did not ask did not want to know.

Man where are you guys hunting all I have seen is 3 does and all at extremly long range. But then again both beans and corn are still in in that area.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

It is slow. I have not been seeing many either Oct. 1-6 I have only seen 27 does and 2 bucks. I hope it starts picking up.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:14 PM

Heard it through two residents today that we have a 12 pointer in the woods on "work" property, so I am hunting tomorrow... from the ground though, kinda hard to get a stand back there with residents eyes watchin' me... [:-]
Old 10-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna get dressed and then heading up north!

BHG...walking around outdoors in the dark sucks no matter who you are..especially if you are not familiar with the land. Although I'm more worried about tripping over a big rock than I am getting bit by snakes...it still sucks.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Good day in the stand, 4 does, three bucks... all about 80-100yds. Two nice bucks, one small one... I'm happy with the results. Oh... and I got out by myself ALIVE!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a button buck today. I thought it was a doe...b/c how big it was compared to a spike that was behind it. Got in my stand at 3:40...deer was dead by 3:45. They came out of a swamp to my left...poked out of the tree line..started eating beans..then I dropped it dead in it's tracks. Thought it was a doe until we started dragging it to the truck..then noticed the bumps. Big button buck though. [8D]

Pic from my stand less than 5 minutes after the shot.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Pat. It's nice when you dont have to track them anywhere. This cooler weather is what we need, i hope it keeps coming. I dont even have all my stands hung yet, gonna go out tomorrow and put them up, maybe go out hunting for the first time late next week.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:53 AM

Nice job, Pat! I didn't have anything within bow range... had it been muzzleloader season, I'd have a nice buck to hang on the wall It's okay, at least I know they are there, it's only a matter of time before they end up coming my way. Hopefully tonight... that would be great! I guess my hubby hasn't gotten anything yet this morning, he hasn't called and he has to get out of his stand in about 20 minutes in order for me to go into work by 10. My maintence guy must not have gotten anything either, no phone calls from him yet... oh well. I guess they are just waiting for ME to shoot them... [8D]

Hey Pat, remind me where you hunt again? You aren't hunting in the Decatur area are you?? For some reason I was thinking you hunted Steuben County, but I may have you confused with someone else...

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.