Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 AM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

I wan't close to the tornado, had high winds and mondo thunderboomers, but no tornadoes... My heart goes out to all of those who have endured horrendous natural disasters this year, mother nature must be having a bad PMS year.... [:'(]
Old 11-08-2005, 06:55 AM

I have a friend in Newburgh. Did not realize that that storm went thru there. going to have to Email them and find out if they are okay.

As for leases the only place and way that I heard about to get them is thru base camp. Maybe because of the cost thru them and what I see when I have looked at some of the leases has a lot to do with how I feel about them. They seem to be asking a lot for what appears to me to be nothing more than tree/fence row and for a decent wooded area. Wow. I can not afford 3-8 k per year to hunt. Heck if I could afford that I would look for 20 - 50 acres to buy and have for my own.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

indiana.. i live in newburg.. do u know where ur friend lives like the street i would be able to tell you if they were ok.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Indianahick

I have a friend in Newburgh. Did not realize that that storm went thru there. going to have to Email them and find out if they are okay.

As for leases the only place and way that I heard about to get them is thru base camp. Maybe because of the cost thru them and what I see when I have looked at some of the leases has a lot to do with how I feel about them. They seem to be asking a lot for what appears to me to be nothing more than tree/fence row and for a decent wooded area. Wow. I can not afford 3-8 k per year to hunt. Heck if I could afford that I would look for 20 - 50 acres to buy and have for my own.
Indianahick, this is why i do not like BaseCamp. They are a rip off. They are a middleman who raise prices in order to make a profit. I also think you have to pay like 45 bucks just in order to be a member with them and have the right to lease thier land. I have looked at some of their leases and about the minimal price i came across was 1 grand and that was for roughly 40 acres. I seen some leases in Miami county that were 300-400 acres and almost all of it looked like crop fields. No thanks. There are farmers who lease their land directly to hunters, no middleman and no lawyers involved. Only problem with that is they usually dont advertise it and so you really have no way of knowing who has leases and who doesnt. The farmers usually are much more reasonable on their prices as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Like I have said for a long time. It will get to the point that if you dont own land you will not be able to hunt. It may not be in our life time, but it will eventually come to that.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:36 PM

Got an email from Jack today. They got their power back around 4:30 P.M. Monday. Missed his sister in law by two blocks, his mother in law by 1/2 mile. They did not even get any limbs down at their house. Darn lucky.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:43 PM

I am going to be buying a new house pretty soon and i thought about just going in debt up to my eyeballs and buying a farm, for one, to hunt on and two, when they build sub-divisions on the rest of the farms and run out of places to grow food, the government will pay big money for my hoosier corn, ha ha stick it to the man.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know we have another thread but....I'm pumped about Saturday!