Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

A few friends and I lease land...I only pay $250 personally...I think it's a great deal.

My grandparents let anyone and everyone hunt their woods (a GREAT place to hunt, I might add)...as long as you're willing to WALK ½ mile thru a field (this year it was corn and beans)..and not drive on it except for when the ground is frozen. A few guys with climbers don't mind..others never return.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:41 AM

Yes, I get disgusted with the inconsiderate hunters out there, in many different aspects, and there are quite a few of them! Our landowner wants us to shoot our limits out of there, saves him money on his crops. It's a benefit to most farmers. I was thrilled with the new liability form in the regs this year, I haven't tried it out on any landowners, but I hope it is successful in increasing areas to hunt!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Hunting Girl, were you close to that big Twister in
Indiana?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: watchamakalit

that is the biggest issue I think we all face is getting the landowner permission.
Tell me about it, its really hard to do. I got one spot i used to hunt alone, but now there is another guy who hunts it during shotgun. There are deer in there but the chances of killing a big buck are about slim to none. I'd like to hunt elsewhere but know how tough it will be to gain permission to some of the better land. I got permission to a place last week but im only allowed to hunt it if the other hunter isnt there, so thats not much good. I asked some other property owner yesterday about hunting and he told me he already had 2 hunters so it wasnt a good idea. Im having an uncle try and hook me up with a few of his old honey holes where he doesnt even really hunt anymore. If that fails, im going door to door later today. If i get turned down 20 times but allowed 1, then its worth it. I would lease land in a heartbeat, only problem is the leases are never advertised around here and i dont want to go through a middleman like BaseCamp.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

rebel hog.. i was i live in newburgh indiana where it went through it missed my house by a mile the way the bird flys... it ripped through some of my good friends neighborhood a lot of damage done to their houses.. im helping them clean it up and i hope we get it all done before this weekend
Old 11-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Jberryx24

rebel hog.. i was i live in newburgh indiana where it went through it missed my house by a mile the way the bird flys... it ripped through some of my good friends neighborhood a lot of damage done to their houses.. im helping them clean it up and i hope we get it all done before this weekend

Jb, glad to hear your home and family were spared and sorry for those who were not!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigbuck. A friend and I went door to door in Steuben looking for land. Found a few spots..which SUPRISED the heck out of me...but all had a few other guys hunting it. The ratio of people saying "no" opposed to "yes" had to be around 20:1 (sad but true).

Oh, BTW......GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean Pat. Luckily it looks as though my uncle has got me permission to hunt a couple places where he does. I dont get it, my uncle isnt the cleanest cut of people, and can barely hold a job, but landowners practically kiss his a## and he gets permission where nobody else can. I dont know how he does it. He told me the other night one of the property owners called him wanted to know where he was becuase all the deer had killed his crops. He shot a 17 point in there a few years ago.

And yes...GOOOOOOOOOOO COLTS, cant wait for the game, need to put one to NE. We win tonight and i think we are superbowl bound. There is no bigger test in the NFL to the Colts then NE, they have an edge on us mentally.I think you will probably see one of NE best games tonight too. If were able to go in there and beat them, that will convince me we have came a very long way.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! Complete domination of the defending champs. I need to kill a monster buck this weekend to top this off.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

VERY nice game!

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.