Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-31-2005, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Man what a slow disapointing week end. I set for about 22 hours all weekend and saw 10 bucks none were close to being shooters and 35 does. I was seeing that many deer the first of Oct. The small buck were trying to chase does. Then while dirving home I counted over 100 before I got back into Madison. I hope the start moving better soon.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:29 AM

If I had half that many deer moving thru the area that I hunt I would be extremely happy. Heck even a fourth or a fifth would be good. The only deer I seen were standing next to a house across the road from where I hunt. In my head lights and 2 more along the road home (eyes). But then again there are still 4 large corn fields still unpicked. Nor is there any water in the run off. Guess I need to find some water. Maybe tomorrow I will take the quad and go expoling in an area where I have never been.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Last year at this time the two weekends before gun started I saw over 100 each weekend. So I guess compare to last year it is slow.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:21 AM

Shut up already! [8D] Parrot Head, if you don't stop yappin' about deer all over the dang place, I'm gonna come over there and take care of 'em for ya! What I wouldn't give to see 100 deer in one weekend! I'm lucky if I see 10! I USED to see 30-50 in a weekend, but not anymore. [:-]

Anyway, it sure does sound like you need help controlling your deer population....
Old 10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Yep I agree. We are planning on taking 10-12 does off of there during late gun.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a bad day if I don't have a deer within bow range where I hunt.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually see anywhere from 2-8 deer everytime out, the problem for me lately has been the size of the deer. Ive killed several small bucks and i have a couple mounted, my first one with a gun and then my first with a bow. Now im waiting for a big boy and have been for about 5 years. I usually wont shoot a doe when it gets close to rut time, the odds are too good for a buck to be there. Normally i will hunt for a big buck clear up till muzzleloader, the last 2 years i have taken a doe on the last weekend of muzzleloader. I wait right up until the end. After seeing the nice Buck on friday morning, i probably will not take a shot at anything but him unless i see a better one.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:38 PM

Has anyone seen a mature buck running a doe yet?
I hunt ripley county, and I have yet to see any yearling's
running alone. The big does do not seem to be showing any
signs of being ready yet. This time last year I had already
saw 3 mature buck chasing, whats up?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

A good friend at work said he saw a very nice buck tracking a doe Saturday morning. Said his nose was locked to the ground with his tongue flopping out.

Also Saturday morning..my buddy shot a 7 pointer with his nose locked to an estrous waffer.

I'm sure there will be a doe here and there that hits her cycle this week. The onslaught will come this coming weekend...then through Thanksgiving or so.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went this morning, it was pretty crappy with some fog and some rain. I sat for 3 hours and didnt see anything. Went back to the truck and was taking off my coveralls and a little yearling buck came running across the road and ran down the woodsline about 60 yards in front of me. This was at 10am, i didnt see a doe anywhere. Its supposed to be warm clear up until the middle of next week. I dont like that, these next 2 weeks are prime time for Bucks, tomorrow morning will be the last day we see lows in the 30's until at least next Thursday.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.