Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Today's my bday..and my buddy Jesse shot a 7 pointer. I have a pic of that deer, and the doe I shot Friday..but I'm getting an error when I try to upload them. POS forum restrictions...
Old 10-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and happy bday Pat, sounds like you guys are slayin em. Are your pics too big? If so some sites will let you resize them so they will fit. I went this morning and saw 4 does. 2 of em were about 3 yards away from me, i thought they were going to run into my ladder they were so close. I let them go as they were pretty small. No bucks today, thought it would be good with the frost. Wife is working on getting me some more property that one of her co workers owns as we speak. May go check that out here in a while.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can resize them with my picture program (irfan view)...but have to shrink them to midget sizes. I'll try again....

Biggest I could go to meet the 100kb limit....

Old 10-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy Jesse and his deer this morning..

Old 10-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another..

Old 10-29-2005, 01:38 PM

I think that for me to take my only Indiana buck it will have to be a decent body size. Estamated weight of 180 or better while walking. By firearms I will not be nearly as choosy. But hey congrats to all that are getting deer, be they does or bucks. They all eat good but younger eat better than older really heavy bodied bucks. 180-210 lb class is what I like. Yes you can call me a meat hunter first antlers second.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the weird looking spike again tonight, the one with only one point. He was chasing 2 does, grunting the entire time. All 3 deer passed right under my stand. Then right at dark a deer came down the fencline in front of me, i could hear him tearing the crap out of a tree, so im sure it was a buck. The deer ended up coming right beside my stand and stayed there for a half hour, i could not see him at all, just heard him. Hate it when that happens. I 'll try again in the morning, then go again the middle of next week. rut should be really heating up then.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt for sport, meat, then antlers...in that order.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:08 PM

I'm not seeing diddly squat lately. [:@] It's getting frustrating because i used to see so much out there, I've seen a total of 6 deer in the last three trips out! Most all of them were over 100yds away, except the two that were 5 yds off my trail this morning on my way out. Had no idea they were there until they jumped, they only went about 20 yds into the woods, but there was NOOO way in haites I could have gotten a shot with all the thick stuff around. I tried to get into where they were, but I ended up having to pee so bad (reason I got down in the first place), I couldn't go any further, I had to go... Hubby was hunting somewhere else too, and I had to pick him up.

I just don't get it! Every hunter in this area that I have talked to is seeing deer everywhere, the one guy saw 10 bucks yesterday, said he's never seen 10 bucks in a month, let alone a single morning! And, here I sit, seems every stinking Sunday night there's high winds and hubby doesn't "feel" like going out. I've gone by myself the last 4 in a row, but tonight I'm so frustrated I said to hell with it... I'll only get a couple chances in the next two weeks to go out, but such as life, at least I have one under my belt and I still have gun season.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't go this morning. I cleaned house b/c we had a bunch of family and friends over for the combination of my bday, my uncle's, and my moms. It also served as an engagement party.

I'll try to go out some time this week after work. Next weekend is the woman's dad's 50th bday party. His whole family is coming down from Wisconsin..so I won't be able to go hunting next weekend too much.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.