Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cougar spotted in Williamson county IL?

Old 09-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cougar spotted in Williamson county IL?

had one in greene co. il. last year, hope he's gone this year
What? I live in Greene County, and hunt in scott, just across the line of Greene!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

He thinks he got as close to it as he did because he was upwind of it. He watched it for two to three minutes before it slipped off the log and disappeared. He said his brother-in-law had come up behind him, and saw the cat, too. He thinks the cat heard them as they whispered to each other.
Maybe I'm getting old , but if he was "upwind" of it then wouldn't it have smelled him ?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:04 PM

lol. THis is funny,I just wand to know where you got the camera that took the pictures of the big foot with the cougar, ittakevery good quality photos.The greens keeper on the golf course behind my house says that he saw one right in front of his 4 wheeler last spring.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:52 PM

Their are NO cougars in Illinois. At least according to the DNR. When someone reports a sighting. they deny it. They claim that the people saw a coyote or bobcat. Their was a young male cougar killed by a bowhunter aound here last year. DNR said it was someones escaped pet. Yeah right. 40 miles north of here, several calves were killed. They had claw marks, bites, and had broken necks. The DNR's official conclusion, coyotes. Yep, thats right. Coyotes killed 3 steer calves weighing around 300 pounds by breaking their necks. Must have been pretty big yotes.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

lol. THis is funny,I just wand to know where you got the camera that took the pictures of the big foot with the cougar, ittakevery good quality photos.The greens keeper on the golf course behind my house says that he saw one right in front of his 4 wheeler last spring.
Cuddeback
Old 09-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bukmastr:
Cuddeback
Uh, isn't that a Fuddleback? LOL
Old 09-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a picture very similiar to that one on my camera but the Ohio DNR stole the film because they were not sure what it was.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Bukmastr

Cuddeback
I think that i got ripped off, because my cuddeback dosen't take pictures near that quality.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Wow...I will have to watch my back....LOL. You guys are too funny!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:57 PM

I'm not going to believe any reports of cougars untill someone I know or i shoot/see one.

I've heard too many ghost stories and seen too many strange pics on the net to actually believe it

Quick Reply: Cougar spotted in Williamson county IL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.