Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Please help me find free hunting land.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Please help me find free hunting land.

My Dad Brother Cousin and I hunted several great years in Calhoun County Illinois around Kampsville. But unfortunately our dear friend Mel sold his land and moved to KY to be closer to his grandchildren. Since then we have been hunting public land in Northern Wisconsin around Boulder Junction. The land is beautiful and the people are great but you are stacked on top of one another and it doesn’t make for a safe and enjoyable hunting experience. Not to mention the $180 just for tags... I’m a disabled veteran with full hunting privileges in the state of Illinois. But have been unable to find land to hunt. I don’t want to lease the land because that is just to expensive. But would be willing to help with farming chores. Somewhere in the northern part of the state would be great and the north eastern would be ideal. We are ethical and more than willing to waive all responsibility of any injuries while hunting. Please, if you know of anyone willing to help please forward my information to them.

Sincerely,
Todd Prohaska
Old 09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Please help me find free hunting land.

check out big river state park just north of highway 34. 3700 acres right on the mississippi river.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Please help me find free hunting land.

Use the topo map feature of TerraServer or another mapping site to locate publics , that's what I did for years . It allowed me to locate smaller parcels that got overlooked by everyone else . It would also allow you to zero in on entry points other than the frequently used ones so that you can get in ahead of the swarm .