Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MO hog hunts.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:58 AM

Default RE: MO hog hunts.

Hey

I have went 3 times to Mo to hunt hogs It is completely free no liscense permits needed use what ever you want to gun rifle bow arrow knife dirtclod LOL shooot as many as you can they are considered a nuisance and they want them killed Now then they are very hard to hunt There was a large consentration on Fort leonardwood but they are all gone now according to the people on the fort. I hunted this spring at Lake Wapapello seen lots of signs there but everything seemed to be moving around at night heavy pressure from area hunters with dogs need more info just holler I research it quite a bit

medic
Old 09-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

They haven"t been shot out ! Hatcher is right and that is a good area. I saw many this last spring but couldn't get a shot. I found the spring branches where the hogs were running and mastakenly told a conservation officer.The next time I went there were MDC traps at each spot ! Hunt around water and fresh rootings, sweeten the spot with some fermented corn and hunt late in the evening, If it really hot and dry then set over the spots. Hogs need water every day, preferbably in dense thickets.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:41 PM

I live and hunt on Ft Wood, but haven't seen any since I've been here. Heard there is some in Texas County. I figure there is some on the Fort, lot of land they can be running on. If anyone knows of any I'll hunt with ya.