Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

No checkin stations for Illinois?

Old 08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No checkin stations for Illinois?

Amen george. Amen.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

There will still be (I think 6 or 7) counties with check stations. They are not all gone. These 6 or 7 counties are testing for CWD.

CWD IS NOT ANOTHER LONG DISTANCE PHONE COMPANY!

On the subject of diseases, CWD is here from the north and other disease (like blue tongue) are moving in (from the south). And I'm telling you guys RIGHT HERE AND NOW that when these things converge THERE'S GONNA BE BIG TROUBLE!!!!!

Be prepared to get on board because some folks practices of QDM are going to have to not be so focused on antlers.

Some folks think I'm full of it, but then I'll know they are either seriously misinformed or just ignorant of the situations.

Anyone intrested to bringing our deer herd back to depression levels?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes iv heard that too uncle matt but also i think they are all in the northern part of the state[&:]
Old 08-21-2005, 10:03 PM

I am in Mchenry County will I need to call or go to a check in station? I can not find this on their website. I just got my permit application in last week so I do not have all the paper work yet. When I called the DNR about the Permit they said my county had a lot left and that I should get a permit no problem. This is my first year of hunting so I am learning as I am going.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

bwhunter501, if we as the spine of the conservation community take the wrong "but" attitude, or not concern ourselves with things taking place in our state because they are not in our own personal backyards, we are bound to suffer. I think we, as a community, need to adopt a correct "but" attitude of "yes, this isn't in my backyard BUT I want to contribute to a solution or help find one however I can." I strongly feel that a good attitude from within our own ranks will be the best approach today, and in the very near future.

For veener, yes in mc henry you will have a check station. I want to wish you luck in both the permit and a wonderful deer season.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

bwhunter501, if we as the spine of the conservation community take the wrong "but" attitude, or not concern ourselves with things taking place in our state because they are not in our own personal backyards, we are bound to suffer. I think we, as a community, need to adopt a correct "but" attitude of "yes, this isn't in my backyard BUT I want to contribute to a solution or help find one however I can." I strongly feel that a good attitude from within our own ranks will be the best approach today, and in the very near future.

For veener, yes in mc henry you will have a check station. I want to wish you luck in both the permit and a wonderful deer season.
Your right matt its just something that we all should learn to deal with whether we really like it or not. And also its kinda easier in a way for alot of people. The only thing im worried is how poaching will be affected...