Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

SW Ohio Hunting land

Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 AM

Default SW Ohio Hunting land

Hello everyone I am a bowhunter form southwest Ohio that is trying to find private hunting land in and around Middletown Oh. I live in middletown and have permission to hunt a 300 acre dairy farm southeast of wilmington but do not have the free time to spend out there. I am trying to find someplace closer to home to maximize my time in the woods. I have tried hunting some of the public land in this area with no luck and would really like to find a small farm to hunt.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:47 PM

Default RE: SW Ohio Hunting land

Wish I could help. I hunt public land in SE Ohio. If you need anyone to fill in for you on the dairy farm, though, just holler.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best thing I can tell you is to start nocking on doors.

I swear some years I spend more time getting permission than I do to kill the deer.

Johnch
Old 06-27-2005, 07:01 AM

Can't help you out mucheither--SE Ohio here. But I agree, just start knocking. We have about 250 acres to hunt, but started knocking on some locals doors and was surprised at how may let us hunt.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 AM

Good Luck. I live in Fairfield, Ohio which is about 20-25 south of Middletown. I hunt in Clermont County, and in SE Indiana. I do not know anyone in your area, but there is a lot of farm land in Middletown and surrounding areas. Hopefully you will find some place to hunt. I know that there are tons of deer around there!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:39 AM

Thanks all. I have spent sometime knocking on doors but have not had any luck yet. Unfortunatly I do not get enough free time to really go door to door like I should. For everyone out there just keep and ear open for me if you should hear anything.