Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

400+ acres in Caroline VA (ponds, swamps, hardwoods, pines)

Old 01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 400+ acres in Caroline VA (ponds, swamps, hardwoods, pines)

I’m not a realtor, so I’m not sure if this is a deal or not.

I hunted a piece of property on Saturday that was sweet! 400+ acres in Caroline County Virginia. It had hardwoods, pine trees swamps, 30-acre pond and two houses. Buck rubs all over, and lots of ducks and geese.

Caroline County is situated between Richmond VA and Washington DC.

The landowner is selling it to buy a boat and go fishing for the rest of his life. He says that someone (state, railroad or whomever) wants to put an area on this track of land to unload train cars onto trucks. He seems to think that whomever bought the land could swing a deal to pay for the entire piece and hunt/fish on what’s left for free. Is this achievable or worth it? I don’t have a clue. But I do know I’d love to keep hunting there, so I thought I’d pass it along.

Asking price is fourteen million. (Ouch!)

Good luck rich guys!

KP

P.S. if anyone would like more info, let me know and I’ll get some phone numbers together for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 400+ acres in Caroline VA (ponds, swamps, hardwoods, pines)

That is a very nice area to hunt--I used to live in Fredericksburg and would drive into Caroline Cty to fish in Massaponax area......that sounds awesome except I have 1/1000000000000 of the funds needed to buy that place!