Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Bigheads

Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bigheads

Took my dog for a walk this morning to a local danville ill, park. Elsworth park to be exact. There is a wooden suspension bridge that crosses the river. We crossed it and I immediately started seeing fish, at first were just some huge common carp I mean a lot of them just crusing along. Then I noticed the tell tale water rippling of a school of big heads and sure enough here came 18 swimming by. I looked up river and could see at least two more schools of them. I got ahold of KBI-Prez, picked him up and we both went back. we seen more huge commons than we could count as well as some nice grassies swimming nose to tail. and more big heads. We estimate the big heads to be in the 5-8 pound range. Now to figure out how to get to them. been drivng for years all over the state and Kentucky now to find them in our back yard. I'm thinking my boat will be in the river soon but down stream where it is legal.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went back to the river today and counted 29 big heads all strung out in a collumn of 2 swimming up river and seen more huge carp than I have ever seen in one place.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

and the crying shame........ You CAN'T shoot there. Of course I've been known to be a naughty boy at times.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by robow7
and the crying shame........ You CAN'T shoot there. Of course I've been known to be a naughty boy at times.
I won't tell!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mr.Carlyle (Marty) went to carlyle last weekend and boated 23 big heads and had 5 pull off's by his self. the largest was 28#. his buddy went this past wednesday, not sure how many he shot, but did boat one over 50#. it was almost as big has him. it took all summer but they finally showed up