Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Next years shoot locations

Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Next years shoot locations

Everyone post up three places u would like to have some shoots at. looking to have 5+ next year. mine would be
Lake Shelbyville
Clinton Lake
Illinois River
Old 07-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Spike

I am def adding a Illinois river shoot, I was thinking bath, Havana, pekin area...any opinions where it should be? im gunna need help with billy davis shoot since ive only shot it once...like what info I need to set it up would help.. as far as Carlyle goes im still unsure. but, im thinkin 3rd weekend in april for billy davis... may 31 and june 1 for state shoot. then july 12th Illinois river, and aug 12 for Clinton and a brass carp shoot to be determined. possible Shelbyville event for sept if enough interest.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

those dates and places sre not set in stone so if u have ideas of a good place not listed then suggest it and the best time to shoot it
Old 07-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Spike

I think a few mini shots at some smaller local lakes for recruiting purposes should be mixed in with your big 5. Taylorville lake is FULL of commons and the lake department would love to see you all come down. I run into fellow bowfishers all of the time on some of these lakes and I know you can pick a good part of these guys/gals up as new memebers.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

awesome idea. I have never shot there. Are the edges of the lake developed on at all? we will have to give fish and wildlife a call and wiggle it into the plans. Looking to have a shoot every 4 weeks or so. Hopefully throw a fun shoot or two in the middle and try to avoid some other semi close big shoots.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Spike

The south end can be shot from the bank and that is where most of the carp pile in. I think a 1 day boat pass is $5 being a city owned lake they charge to put on. There is a video out on You Tube that was filmed from below the dam at Taylorville and then up on the south end of the lake......search for TP Outdoors bowfishing. They do have bighead in the discharge and you can walk the creek bank for more than a mile. Just wear pants because of the stinging nettle and poison ivy.

Last edited by Willie-Nillie; 07-27-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

1 pekin shoot , 3 clinton shoots . 2 shelbyville shoots , maybe a evergreen shoot ?