Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Great price on HPS Lights

Old 04-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Great price on HPS Lights

I found this site on another forum. I thought the prices were prett good. If you spend more than $100.00 you get free shipping! No sales tax either.

http://www.hdlighting.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=120-150S
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Great price on HPS Lights

David, are they now available again? They were on back order for some time.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

they told me i would get them in a week. I better call.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

I called the company, they shipped on the 16th. tracked them on DHL and they are going to arrive on Tuesday!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Cool. Let us know how you like them. I think we're probably going to go that route.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 PM

I know I'm new to this whole thing and me and my crew don't shoot at night. If I were though and if I could afford it this would be the ultimate carp light. These are now manditory to work on the highway at night. They cost a fortune. But it is one light, and it will light up more than enough water to shoot under. They are made out of a reflective material that is much like a beach ball. when turned on it blows up and holds it's shape. If you've driven by us working on the road at night I don't have to tell you how bright they are. They are on a telescoping pole that can be extended above the boat and out of the way. One light, one cord to the generator no hassles. Like I said though they are very expensive, but I'm sure it's just because they are new. Once they are out for a while and once several companies start making them they'll come down. Or if I can ever "borrow" one from work it will be on my boat for sure. http://www.airstar-light.us/construction_lighting.html
Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

David, one last question, did they say whether those lights came with a capacitor wired in? According to the website, they don't but... one fellow ordered a bunch a while back and they did in fact come with capacitors installed.I had the econlight HPS and didn't care for them because the housings were so thin and fragile but a friend of mine bought these HD HPSlights andfelt the housingsweremuch stronger and over allthe light better made. I'll be very interested to hear how you like them, please give us a product review when you have them up running.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

I got the lights in today. I was concerned about the packaging when I first saw the boxes. As it turned out only one of the 4 lights was seriously damaged and will have to be returned. I had to take every light apart and re-secure the capacitor. I will have to do some more work on securing them for bumpy rides. On one of the lights, the capacitor bounced around so hard that it broke the housing. I would have to say that they are still a good buy for the money. When you figure no sales tax or shipping, they come to about 1/2 the price of many others.

Man are they bright!!! You will see stars for a minute if you glance at them from 50 feet! If you order them, do it by phone. Talk to a manager and request that the lights be packaged in over sized boxes with lots of bubble wrap. If you have to pay a little extra it will be worth it. The jury will be out for a while on their performance on the boat, I still have to configure my set-up.

If they continue to perform after the work I had to do to fix them, I would rate them a 3/5 for construction and 5/5 for brightness.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

The lights work Great!! I only have four of them on the boat and it is plenty of light. The total wattage is 600 watts and you can't even hear the generator load up when I kick them on. I would guess that they do the same job as 6-500 watt halogens.

The bad news is that they told me I bought the last one. Don't know if they are getting any more.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

So...What did you find out about them coming up to full brightness? Did you have to let them cool down first? ...or did you have to start them one at a time? ...or something else?

Glad they work well for you.

Quick Reply: Great price on HPS Lights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.