Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Illinois outdoor news

Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois outdoor news

Received my lastest outdoor news paper the other day. Was really dis-appointed to see that on page 8 an article about the DNR Allowing commercial fishermen to net the river below the carlyle dam. So far they have taken out 20,000 pounds of asian carp. Yes, that is 20,000. Yet they will not allow us to fish there. Was also disappointed that in this issue there was not a bowfishing article. The first issue had a nice article with even a bowfishing editor. I guess he does not know that Kendall, Christine and Steve are still shooting fish.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Illinois outdoor news

You know sadly enough there are fish other than asians getting netted and some are injured beyond survival im sure, we were targeting asians and hurting nothing more so where is the fairness in that.....[:@]
Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Okay boys and girls, Good news and bad news! First I am starting a different job, so my time off will improve. Means will be giving you all more competion this year. I know, cann't they wait till March for the majority of us to go down there and tear them up.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 PM

I sent an email to the asst Lake Manager a couple days ago questioning him about no bowfishing allowed. There were a couple different articles in the papers near StL about the netting, and he (Dick Connor) was specifically mentioned in them as the "concerned" Corps representative. I will post his answer here when I get it.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Robin!

Mr Stix, bring it on! See you on the water.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 PM

I did get an answer from Connor (I guess I can't type in his first name, LOL). I don't have access to it now, cause I am going thru my work email. But, he is the ass't lake manager and very much in favor of getting bowfishing ok'd. I will be posting some of his emails here, as well as what I will be sending as far as written justifications for getting it ok'd. At some point, I will probably need a slug of support from you IL folks, so when I ask for it...follow up on it. After all, I am not doing it for myself. I am very serious...be ready to make your voice heard, and don't let me (and yourselves) down.

I will posting updates to this as well as email addresses and the liketo which I will direct exactly whatneeds to be sent as far as getting noticed.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

try Richard. LOL
Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the initiative... never made sense to me.... net em but don't shoot em...

I hope they iron it out...
Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

;You can count on our crowd. The couple of time's that i got to shoot there we had a ball and there are some nice fish. Chezhead shot a state record gar there, and my state record big head was shot there as well. Thanks ahead of time for helping out, Robin. Plus it is only 3 hours from here which makes it nice too. Johnny b.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Robin thank you for your help on this matter you can count on us for any help you need im sure i would still like to shoot with you and Keith sometime.....

Quick Reply: Illinois outdoor news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.