Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Things a little slow

Old 08-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Things a little slow

Well, old snuffy and i headed out last night (evening) to the wabash. First we had a silver jump in the boat. Don't know if that counts but we felt we were not skunked. Finally Snuffy wacks a small gar. That was it for the evening. I took Cliff back there this morning. we got there at 9:30. He missed two big heads. The bufflao are not up sucking on scum at all now. Did not see a buff, or grassie. Finally we loaded up at 11:00 am and headed down to Paris Lake. Cliff got one shot there. just no fish to be seen. We left there and headed to old faithful' georgetown lake'. I finally got a shot at a common and put him in the barrel and that was it. At 3:30 pm we called it quits. I guess the water temperature which is well above 80 by now must have them all down. But was still nice to be out. That little breeze on the water, made it all worth well, and a good buddy.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things a little slow

I think they all got cooked in this heat and humidity.
I know it draining my energy pretty well.
Not even my 4 year old wants to be outside for more than a few minutes, and that's saying something because I usually have to negotiate just to get her back inside the house to eat.