Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Oneida cable replacement??

Old 06-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default Oneida cable replacement??

I noticed that one of the cables on my Oneida is all hinky. It's coming apart and it's making my lower limb crooked.

Of course, I still shot it.. (hey this is bowfishing). Anyhow, I have some 'new' cables and should probably replace them before the state shoot.

Is there some trick to replacing them? Anything I need to watch for? Timing issues? Can I just replace the broken cable on the bottom limb and leave the top limb cable alone? Should I just switch over to my recurve?

I'll get a picture of the bad cable.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oneida cable replacement??

Christine Call me with the Bow Model name atc.... We are a Oneida Dealer... I can talk to Oneida and get you all the info you will need .... if you havent already found out.
Deb
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Christine, I have shot oneida's for years. The only thing is on the round wheel is a star washer with a allen screw. You have to loosen this before you ever do anything. Once it is loose just a matter of taking it apart and watching where everything goes. Change the cable. Making sure it is the right cable they are color coated at the metal tips. Make sure you have the same color. Once the cable is back on and everything in place start to crank the two limbs to get them the same. Use a ruler to measure from one cam to the string and then the other cam to the string. once they are perfectly the same tighten the set screw on the star washer and you are all set. If you want I can do it all for you Saturday at the shoot. We plan on getting there around 9am.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

I talked to Deb and I'm going to take it down to Blue Ridge Backwoods on my way to Shelbyville on Friday afternoon.

I looked at the manual and decided that it looked fairly simple to replace the power cable. But then there's timing and stuff.... so I'll let Scott work on it.

Thanks for the offer Johnny!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Aw those cables look fine, I think you should probably wait untilAFTER the state shoot before you change anything. wink wink, Or better yet, let KBI Prez and myself change them for you imediatelyBEFORE the state shoot. Although I'm not an authorized Oneida dealer, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and I have even owned several Oneidas in my time. The Triton of Terror is always looking for any advantage we can get.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn, Robow7, I was hoping that she would let me work on it there at the shoot. The best laid plans.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Christine:

Hinky? What exactly does hinky mean? Sounds like one of those Chicago things!

Mikey