Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Billy Davis Memorial Tournament

Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Billy Davis Memorial Tournament

What a great time. Bittersweet because of missing our friend and the pain that was obvious on the faces of his family. But still good to meet up with everyone again and enjoy the sport Billy loved.

Thanks to Billy's family for coming and supporting us. We appreciate it. Thanks to Slim for being the gracious host, cookand doing your best to put eveyone on fish, oh and hauling away the remains. Thanks Dave, Christine and Rob for getting everything setup and ready for us. And thanks to everyone who attended and made this such a fun event.

More to come including pictures... but for now I must do my chores.
TTFN, Kendall
Old 04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Billy Davis Memorial Tournament

It was a great time. Thanks to everybody who participated and helped out. A big, special thank you to Billy's friends and family!

Group photo.

Slim giving out tips to the Carp Trek team.

Billy's Family brought lots of great food... I think we ate most all of it too!

He can cook and shoot!

After everything was counted.... Slim's team beat all the other teams put together!
(but the Stanford Fishstickers did smoke the so-called Triton of Terror. heh heh)

Slim with Nancy Davis (Billy Davis' mom).

Slim's truck... ready for that big BBQ.

Mike Hooe, the Regional Fisheries Biologist came out for the fish count. He was happy to see these fish removed from the lake and asked to us to have a tournament there every weekend.
He had a lot of interesting information on the lake that he was happy to share with us. Thanks Mike!

Some of the garare slated to turninto jewelry.. that will be a neat utilization for them. I can't wait to see the finished products.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Oh.... and about that Triton of Terror.

I heard it just got downgraded from the threat level of 'Guarded' to 'Low'.

Here's the chart for those of you unfamiliar with it. [note: there isn't anything below the level of 'low']

Old 04-25-2006, 04:26 AM

Looks like you guys had one heck of a time, Them,s some good pic,s.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I forgot to thank Mike Hooe, DNR Biologist for Rend Lake, for stopping by. He also was the camera man for our group photo so that all the participants could be in the photo. Thanks Mike.

He shared his perspective on rough fish management at Rend. I was surprized to hear that gar are not utilized at all and carp are rarely used. That is where we can fill a need in his management picture.
As the sign says, "Bowfishing = conservation in action"We hope to talk with Mike again soon to see what steps we can take to make this annualtournament better for all concerned.
Win-Win, just the way we like it!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on another great event!
Sorry I couldn't make it this time.

Catch you at the next one.

I don't think that pickup will ever be the same again. [:'(]
Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe not red alert but surely yellow at least !

Old 04-25-2006, 07:33 PM

sounds like a great time wish I could have made it down. Hope I can make it next time
Old 04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Ok let me start by saying great shoot and thanks to all who cam e and supported the Billy D. memorial. It was a good time and as usual the weather wasnt very cooperative.
Congrats to Slim and his crew on another impressive outing. Alex and his crew the indy boys were again outstanding in their quest for 1st. Now to the rest of us were gonna keep practicing Slim were not giving up...
It was nice to see Billy's mom and grandparents at the tourney and their fine cooking was greatly appreciated..........Again thanks everyone/....
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Slim, does your truck still have that New car smell? Ha

Quick Reply: Billy Davis Memorial Tournament

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.