Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Texas Hog Hunt Competition

Old 01-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Spike

Default Texas Hog Hunt Competition

Putting together a hog hunt competition for some our customers in march. looking to giveaway hunts, awards, prizes, hunting gear, apparel, guns and ammo. Also looking for a few charities to sponsor. Thanks. Here's a link below: http://www.independenceranch.com/tex...nting-shootout
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I wasn't already booked for a hog hunt next month I would grab some friends and try this one.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
If I wasn't already booked for a hog hunt next month I would grab some friends and try this one.
FYI Oldtimr that is the place that is run by what is a bunch of alleged to be cons/bait&switch folks. The Texas AG shut them down several years ago after an investigation caused by so many consumers notifying them of complaints. They just changed names to a different one of them as owner and reopened to start up the same activity. If you'll notice when you click on that website, it won't take long to see that popup about a free hog hunt. It just so happens that free hog hunt is "won" by everyone that applies and by the time you get done with what is supposed to be free you're in the hundreds of dollars for one hog IF you happen to kill it. I applied and barely got off the computer and was notified I was a lucky winner, LOL! The place is also very small in acreage and I believe they were found to be buying hogs that others trap to then turn them loose and make money off unsuspecting customers when they show up for their "hunt". Read the fact that it's $199 per person to apply and then look down and read all the BS that applies just like you were going there on your own. What they've come up with is just another way to get $199 more out of a person besides the other monies listed. They also expect a handsome tip for screwing you, LOL! It's strictly another "come on" that they've come up with to try and dupe the unsuspecting guys that think all things connected with hunting are on the up and up! I would advise everyone to steer clear of that operation! IMHO I consider that an illegal ad and I'm alerting the Mods to it.

PS: Do me a favor and fill out that free hog deal and submit it. If you don't get a notice that you're the monthly winner I'll be very surprised!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-17-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Add On
Old 01-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will take your word for it Top, I don't want to give a bunch of crooks my e-mail address. It did sound pretty good to be true and that usually means it is. Perhaps the mods should delete the post.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Moved to appropriate forum for advertising. Please follow the forum rules (see link below).

CalHunter

http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/m...oom-rules.html
Old 01-18-2017, 03:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Topgun is right.

Read the fine print:

Not Included:
Hog cleaning is $50 per hog up to 50 lbs; $1 lb./thereafter.
Each hunter can harvest unlimited hogs. Only staff cleans hogs.
Package includes meals and lodging on the Ranch.
$100 guide/staff fee to be paid in cash upon arrival; per hunter.
Ranch is open all year, with limited dates from June 15-Sept 15.
License fee is $48 for non-residents.

$25 for Texas residents
$10 for children under 17

http://www.independenceranch.com/hog-hunting